Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Add an app widget for iOS 14

Update 10/14: Spotify just implemented widgets in their latest version! Thanks to developers and to the community for your upvotes 🙂
Now Spotify if you see this, please add time-synced lyrics functionality worldwide!

Make a good looking widget with for example recently played titles, media controls or most listened to playlists, that would be nice for the iOS 14 release

Example here with Apple Music widgets:

This second image is from Max McKinney on YouTube, you can check his concept video for ideas:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEPEfEnXHk

Updated on 2020-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

The Spotify widget should be now available on iOS devices running iOS 14.0

Cheers!

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-06-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also slightly edited the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

milymoments

LOVE THIS IDEA!! 

notpaulm

Would be nice to just have media controls as a widget, with the option to play from a specific playlist (selected within the app possibly or within the 'edit widget'?)

mack_metty

This is exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the new update!

vickyvaldivieso

This should totally be added!! Like, it has gotten already almost more than a hundred likes in just a week!! I totally was thinking of changing back to Apple Music just because of the widgets and better interaction with siri, but if this is added I’d totally keep spotify.

Cobymak

Apple allow you to create widgets using swift but I’m not sure how much interaction it will allow cause we know what Apple is like for limited freedom. I’m definitely going to have a look into this cause I hate Apple Music! 

MrEasilyAmused

Please be ahead of the curve on this one and have something for when the public iOS 14 drops - drop this baby in the top of the backlog 

darushah

Please add play/pause and track next/previous buttons in the widget which will be helpful to change the music without opening the app or control Center.

Octavision

Please! PLAY BUTTON on the widget. It works perfectly on Android, and saves a lot of time.

anank

Allow your own music/playlists (local ones that were in another device’s hard drive) that were available and playable on any previous devices but no longer playable (the playlists containing only these songs are blank now) to be playable on current devices even after uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify mobile app.