Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to Change the Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on desktop!

pink.jpgmonthly.jpg

It gives me the creative freedom to spruce up my playlists in the best way; however, it is an eyesore on mobile. 

folders.jpg

I believe that Spotify should implement a feature to let users modify folder pictures on desktop (Hopefully they will implement changing either on mobile...) along with playlist pictures. Yes, this idea has been submitted many times, but I hope that this time it can have enough kudos! Thank you for reading!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
issilranitae

I just spent a whole evening SO EXCITED because I just learned that it was possible to organize my playlists into folders (a function I had NO IDEA existed until I looked it up on a whim, but have been wishing it did for years-I use Spotify mainly through the app on mobile). I was then super excited to find fun aesthetic images for all my folders to match all of my organization only to realize that it is not possible. Meaning I am stuck with scrolling through music that is very organized, but grey and bland on the surface. This would be such a wonderful option to have on Spotify, and would only reward all the people who are invested enough in organizing their playlists to be able to make them look nice too.

luvitzy

Yes please!!! I really need this. It’s honestly super silly to make it possible to change the photo for a playlist but not for a playlist folder??

Moonly_

Please, we need this feature to match the aesthetics of our profiles. I'm currently frustrated.🙏

lllolller

2023, Just found about folders, and damn i wish i could change the image.

saralux

Can you believe it’s almost been 4 years since this post and we are STILL asking to be able to simply customize our folder pictures?? I just went through 14 pages of comments and saw a lot of requests for this feature along with the fact that this idea has been going back and forth between “not right now” and “good idea”. 

It would be nice for the Spotify team to listen to its paying users. More customization is all we’re asking for here, not another AI playlist creator. 

direcelle

Please, it's been years, implement this!!! Being able to desing and organize our libraries is really cool.

SpyX370

4 Years and it still hasn't happened. Surely it can't be that hard to implement... Can't similar code for playlist images be used?

rachaelbalent

It's been four years since this post was made - I think it would be sick to have the option to add images to folders. 

have_a_nice_day

Since the last UI updated as of writing (Nov 5, 23), I've had to change from the Compact view to the Grid to Compact many times just to check the names of my folders. I'd be so useful to just have the folders be AT LEAST colour coded. Having covers would be more than great, tho I don't know how they should differentiate from the playlist covers. Maybe folder-shaped covers? I hope thsi gets addressed soon, since the new Library forces you to check your stuff on a sidebar.

FeatherDragon

I know someone already made their case a week ago-- but please implement something to personalize the folders. I'm getting really tired of not knowing where I'm looking for specific music because all of the folders look the same. It's super useful to have them! I hope implementing something like customizable folder icons could be just as simple as implementing custom icons for playlists.