Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to Change the Folder Image

Hello, I recently found out about folders again on Spotify! It's such a great feature to organize my 50+ playlists that have either been made myself, made by others, or made by Spotify. Another great feature is changing the playlist picture on desktop!

pink.jpgmonthly.jpg

It gives me the creative freedom to spruce up my playlists in the best way; however, it is an eyesore on mobile. 

folders.jpg

I believe that Spotify should implement a feature to let users modify folder pictures on desktop (Hopefully they will implement changing either on mobile...) along with playlist pictures. Yes, this idea has been submitted many times, but I hope that this time it can have enough kudos! Thank you for reading!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
miguel_wth

please please please please please please do this. please.

EmmaSindre

This is something I really miss from the app. I was so happy when I saw that I could arrange my music in folders, then devastated when they looked so... dull... Such a shame and should be fairly easy to fix for Spotify + add a lot to the user experience 🎶🍻

bababuttons

I love organizing and it´s sad that this is not an option yet. Spotify, please make this happen! It would make Spotify more enjoyable for us who like to style things! 🙂 I already love making playlists, and after discovering making folders is possible, I enjoy that as well! Adding covers to folders would make my day. 

chinoxs203

The playlist covers are a must.  If I can do it for a playlist why not for a folder?   Pleas revisit this idea Spotify. It will make finding that folder so much easier on mobile.  

ecstra_artsce

Hello! So you all know how we can change the cover of our playlists (self-owned), to different covers? (ex. importing photos). For many users, we own/made uncountable numbers of playlists. That's where Spotify folders come in, we can sort our numerous playlists into neat stacks. However, when you go to your library, it is hard to tell the difference between all your folders because they all have the same black/white folder icon. You also cannot change the covers.

So, I am suggesting that there should be a function implemented to allow us to change folder covers!

(This idea has already been suggested in the past by different people but due to the lack of attention they had received, they were discontinued. Seeing that recently more people have come across this problem, I am reposting this idea.)

wsws

I would love and support this idea, we need more customization on Spotify!

Reggae_Lions

I was thinking about this idea a few months ago as well. These had simplified a lot of searching. And then that folders become visible to those who even visit Spotify Page as well. So they would have been much easier to find what you are looking for!

rikverstraete

Not Right Now ! how many votes are necesarry to change this to 'soon' ! 

emilyd27

Now that folders are much more prominent in the app and can be pinned, this would be one of many great features to consider more seriously to make folders a more functional piece of Spotify! I organise all of my playlists into folders so at the moment I'm just seeing a bunch of grey squares. I'd really appreciate being able to edit the cover art, drag playlists directly into a folder directly on the app, right click and move a playlist into a folder in desktop, have an option to view folders in my library, and have the option to add a playlist to a folder under a playlist's three dot dropdown. 

BrendaJaneF

Just found out about folders and how to use them...and pretty much sorted all my playlists. I love making covers for playlists so I DEFINITELY would love to have covers for folders. The grey icon looks so sad on mobile.