Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Hebb

wth, been asking for this for 5 years and it's still not implemented

giphy

Mzafrany

This is a must for Apple TV. Please reconsider implementing.

Rolo2

@spotify...you have been looking at this since 2016. This is 2021. Please add a toggle between accounts. This is a must In 2021

Haam

It's definitely something you should implement.  Especially since the personalization of music recommendations is the highlight of your application. Especially since you implemented your Year in Review.  Especially since, at least at one time, you sought to socialize music consumption.  Especially since social platforms like Instagram have made navigating multiple accounts super simple.

But, mostly because I'm tired of having Frozen 2 as my #1 most listened to record every year.

trulygood

@Haam - This is maybe the best comment I've seen on this thread since I commented on it myself...*checks calendar*...3 years ago.

ToG_128

A truly ridiculous situation. All other music streaming services I've tried have a quick account swapping feature, & Spotify hasn't updated their response sinse 2019.

Stop spending all your money on Joe Rogan, & update your UI!

zanzand

Completely agree with previous comments; my son has its own taste when it comes to music, so having a Family plan is great, it saves me from hundreds of children's songs in my favorite list on Spotify in the car, but here at home, we don't have one tablet per person (what family does?) and so for shared devices, this would be great. Especially that login is not easy as one has to remember the email used. This is a kid's account, 7-year-olds don't use email regularly so logging back in is always a pain. Spotify, get this done please!!

Paulloffman

What’s the point of paying extra for family subscription (as I do) if you can’t play to WiFi speakers without signing in to the main account! My account is linked to the speakers so my wife would have to sign in as me. That overrides the whole idea, means my wife’s songs would pop up in my made for you feed, and we don’t exactly have the same taste in music.  Sort it out Spotify 😡

_jordy_

This would be a life saver to prevent my daily mixes getting messed up by playing music for my children. 

sandorski-gb

yeah.  we have a phone that sits at the stereo plugged in 24/7 and acts as our spotify server.   we control that with our phones.  we have a family account, but can only stream from one use or the other.  have to log out and back in.  not practical.  fast use switching is the way forward.  ideally from the remoted phone, not the plugged in stationary phone, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker.