Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
sammzi1

I was playing music for a children's birthday party when the trojan commercial played, thank God the children were young enough to be oblivious. But the parents definitely weren't, and needless to say I don't think they'll be rehiring this apparent **bleep**-driven 16-year-old as their babysitter ever again.

Legira

I'd just like to be able to remove an advert from my rotation as it triggers my anexity. I really don't want the raised heartbeat ever time I hear that ad.

Disgruntledmomm

I have officially heard the secret circle podcast ad too many times today.  I DO NOT want these horror and thriller ads, and my child, who isnt even two DOES NOT need to be hearing them either! Especially when we are trying to go to sleep!!!!  If the only solution you genuinely have is to become a paid subscriber and you won't help those of us who want child safe ad settings then I will be deleting my spotify account and telling everyone I ever come across. I will happy give pandora, Google, or even apple my money over you if that's how it's gonna be. 

ladycygnus

I haven't had particularly explicit content come up, although I keep Spotify minimized so I don't see the visual ads very often. However, there are a couple that play inbetween music drive me up the wall and I'd love a way to downvote them. Especially a current one with a snotty-teen sounding speaker that makes me want to stab someone.

It would seem if you can can rate and filter music there must be a way to rate and filter the ads as well. 

EllaSmith01

YES! 

I completely agree with everyone’s comments here, and I have something to add. I do not normally see VS ads, but I do hear contraception audio ads all the time. I do not approve of contraception; this is mostly because I am a Catholic and my religion discouraged these actions. However, my family is also against this topic because it is immoral and unjust in our eyes. Now, I know not everyone in the world shares my opinions or that of my family/religion, but I do think that anyone and everyone willing to stand up and fix a problem should be given a chance or at least an acknowledgement of their opinions. I agree there should be a “family/NSFW” button or an option that says “I don’t want to hear this ad again”, and that might HELP, but I do believe that certain companies that some people consider inappropriate for all ages and not just young children should find different locations to advertise so there is a smaller chance of offending people. 

Sincerely,

a concerned Christian teenager

Samammers

Horror movie advertisements don’t belong on spotify either...

Smorp

While it’s not an inappropriate ad, it’s some weird ad saying “You shine” and it’s oddly disturbing lol. It’s some uncanny valley level stuff and it wigs me out for whatever reason. I hope this feature is added soon.

sonicbobcat85

6 years to reply. 6 years. And another year has gone by with no change. You have got to stop playing the same ads every single commercial break. It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to stop listening on Spotify, because these otherwise innocuous ads are driving me insane through repetition. Get some variety. Please.

lukez23

Thank you Spotify for not fixing this problem! The date is September 20th 2019 over a year from your comment and it does not appear like this problem is fixed at all. I am on this post because I have heard many Trojan condom ads that say "it's a sexy world," which I do not appreciate. Thanks a lot Spotify for, "working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users." My experience seems "way better." 

marie_bee1

Horror movie ads or ANY ads with violent images or audio are triggers for some people. There really needs to be an option to turn off specific ads! I support (and urgently want) an option like what's been suggested prior: a 'family/NSFW' filter for advertisements or a 'I don't want to hear ads like this again' option.

Spotify's repsonse of "working to make ads more personalized" is not a course for correction on this issue.