Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
talljetman2

Hey Spotify -- Status update on this one??

lindstello

There needs to be some sort of filter for the ads.  I don't want to be listening to a Kids station and hear the F-word on a commercial! That is what happened just now, and I am appalled.  I thought since it was a Spotify Kids station I wouldn't have to worry. If it happens again, I'm deleting my account.

Clockworkcello
Man, I wish I had a Crimson Peak ad (makes googly eyes at Tom Hiddleston poster on wall) anywho, no. I'm stuck with this terrible ad about an evil Santa. I'm trying to listen to Johannes Moser, it's 1 am and no. I have to be scared to death of going to sleep because of the creepy 7 year olds singing "you better watch out you better not cry" while a male announcer just ever so creepily says "Santa's not the only one who sees you when you're sleeping". Sleeping with the light on tonight, or maybe even not at all. Thanks, Spotify.
18amcfeely
While I'm sure VS ads are awkward in the workplace, my biggest problem with Spotify ads is trailers for horror movies. I usually put on music while I sleep. Spotify is the best option for music because of the variety, but the anxiety attacks I usually get from horror movie commercials make this program like trying to sleep with a lit candle next to me.
Angelalala00

Agreed! I am a real wimp when it comes to horror movies and if i get a horror ad every few songs i rather not use spotify anymore. This is coming from a long time loyal user of spotify. At least allow us to block or give us warning

I hate when the horror movie advertisements start playing while I am listening to music. Especially the Krampus one which is a christmas horror movie, it completely ruins my mood. As well, when I am about to go to sleep I don't want to be frightened by a horror movie. Please remove these advertisements. I am going to stop using spotify if more and more horror movie advertisements are presented. 

tugaim

This needs to happen. I'm not willing to leave spotify playing when my kids are home until it does.

hypercoyote

Nothing like listening to Gospel music trying to keep my mind on God and an advert for Trojan condoms comes on.  I'm a man, so I don't need help thinking about sex.  It's not like this is something new, the comments being in 2012.  You can't tell me in over 3 years you haven't found a way to do this properly.

nlj821

Dear Spotify Team,

I love listening to Spotify, and listen all the time. I understand that in using it as a free service there will be ads, which I don't mind. But I wanted to to let you know that I don't believe the Trojan condom ad is appropriate. I like to be able to listen with my family and kids, without having to worry about inappropriate content in the ads. So could you please work on keeping the ads more family friendly. Thanks!

megul0

I don't mind the ads as well just please not those inappropriate condom/contraception advertisements. Yes, it'd be embarassing for someone else to see you watching those but more than that I do not like seeing them or knowing that there are even ads for these.

I JUST CHECKED THE DATE OF THIS THREAD (2012) AND HOW COME I FIND MYSELF COMING HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME THING? IT'S GONNA BE 2016. SO DISAPPOINTING.