Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add time synced lyrics

Can we have time synced lyrics, Spotify been in the music game long enough to understand that it's an important feature, most of us leave the app and open a browser just to check the lyrics.

Note:
don't mark this idea as duplicated and link me a to a post that was made 4 years ago, also am not asking for normal lyrics that we already have (behind the lyrics or story line)am asking for Time Synced lyrics just like Apple Music offers.

check the videos to understand what I mean.

or this 

5854D22B-D2C5-484B-BDE9-2BB14CB218F3.png

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

fischkopp1403

I recently tried Apple Music and I really liked the lyrics implementation. I've read that there is some rudimentary lyrics support in Spotify too but since being available I honestly never came accross it.

It would be great if you could offer serious lyrics too so that I don't have to be jealous when seeing somebody using Apple Music 😉   

FakeGiraffe

Maybe teaming up with genius to provide them? You already have a partnership for some parts, why not lyrics too

veRGe88

Great idea, surprised they don't have this already, and nice job stating explicitly that it's a feature AM has in the idea suggestion. Might get them to actually do something about it. Didn't work for them adding a Genre tab next to Albums/Artists/Songs like Apple has to navigate/listen to your own music library. Didn't work for them having the smallest library size in the industry, 5x smaller than Google Music, and 10x smaller than Apple and Amazon Music either. But maybe they'll do something about this one.

Syndicade

I like Spotify more than Apple Music, but that lyrics feature on Apple Music is great. Honestly, the only thing missing from Spotify are proper lyrics, so I would love to see this implemented in the hopefully near future.

Yokocho8

Do you mean like in karaoke? I'd love that as well so I can sing along without having to open Genius and search for each song as it starts playing on Spotify. (Can't play your attached videos so I'm not sure that's what you mean.)

Jojo_Calabaza

I'm considering changing over to Apple Music if Spotify doesn't add this feature. Surprised that they don't already have it.

I recently switched over to Apple Music because of this after an odd "story". I'm very much so a visual learner so I've come to like songs over the years based off melody rather than lyrics. When Apple Music released their live lyrics feature with iOS 13 this has been a complete game changer as for the first time I'm actually following along with the lyrics and staying enaged in the Apple Music app while reading them. It's given me such an awesome way to connect with songs now as I'm no longer just concerned with how a song "sounds". I'm now able to connect with lyrics as a dominant visual learner. 

Xowah

This is so very needed. I miss not having any lyric features in spotify at all, the genius lyrics aren't interesting to me since I can't view all the lyrics that are happening in the entire song.

OswaldoS_SAO

That is an excellent idea. I knew how it would change the user experience when I was coming to work the other day. There was a guy on the subway enjoying Spotify with his headphones, nothing out of the ordinary until he locked the screen with Spotify open, put his phone in his pocket and pulled out a handful of folded sulfite sheets. My surprise? It was the printed lyrics of the songs he was listening to. hahaha We need to save paper, hope this functionality comes soon.