Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back Playlist radio

Radio is only available for artists and albums but not for playlists.

Updated on 2023-07-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
adhdmusic615

Very disappointed not to see any response or update from the Spotify team on this given that we've met the community guideline requirements for review. Are those guidelines even adhered to? 

Gregie

I created a support account JUST to come vote here when I discovered this crippling issue with the platform. 

mscha

When listening to music in the car, I used Playlist Radio at least half the time.  Depending on the playlist, it's the perfect way to get a nice mix of familiar and new music in a certain style, and you can leave it on for hours without intervention.

Why oh why would Spotify randomly say “no, you can't do that anymore”??

mscha

I complained about this to @SpotifyCares on Twitter, and got a response:

Hey there! We're here for you. Can you try logging out > restarting your device > logging back in to your account? Let us know if that works.

I wasn't hopeful, but I tried it anyway and you know what, it works!  On my Android phone, I can choose Playlist Radio again!

Edit: I spoke too soon.  It was back, but only briefly.  After a few hours, Playlist Radio is gone again.

When I log off and log on (no need to restart in between) it is back (briefly).

whensday

Why remove a feature that works? I used this at parties all the time. Bring it back

crownofflowers

I do love how they showed up and said "Hey everyone, we just took this feature away. .. Oh? you have a problem with it? oh, let us know. we'll definitely, totally listen, ..maybe in a few years?! " (laughs)

edit: okay, I'm kidding, and I understand there's actual people behind the scenes of these things, I don't want to hurt someones feelings, it's just having someone communicate with the community on a regular basis would help a ton. Thanks! 

Cosmicniles

The playlist features (which were one of the strongest points of Spotify) are being eroded. The dynamic playlist (where it inserted tracks recommended based on certain playlist tracks) also appears to have been removed meaning the process of organically growing a playlist is now very arduous.

Emmi_
yeah, I'm ready to hop of to Tidal probably, when more core features of
spotify gets removed, really fed up of how little they care for
customers opinions.
Necturne

Please bring back the playlist radio! It was one of my main means of finding new things to put on my playlist. The "Enhance" feature mixes and matches new music with what's already on there, which is not helpful for a dedicated search for music to add to my playlist. I love this feature, please bring it back. 😞

ryguyj101

This was a great feature. I just cancelled my subscription time to move on from Spotify.