Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] DJ Version of Spotify

I'm a DJ. I want a DJ interface for Spotify, where I can play two tracks at once over the top of each other. 

It doesn't have to be anything complex -- just two tracks and a crossfader would do the job. But if you fancy adding things like waveforms, pitch-shifting, and other functionality, that would be lovely too.

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As flagged in the last status update, our friends at Algoriddim have an app called djay that allows you to mix tracks using Spotify. You can check out details about djay here.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
brazilianx

This has got to be on the roadmap...surely?

brentlostak420

it just came to me, i was searching for some minimal/Techno and i thought where are the searchbuttons for searching dj music from artist to label to albums new songs, is it techno or electro or trance or whatever party music you like! stuff like that and a place where we can give comment on the dj's work so its more interactive. And do some live dj sets with artist dj's always nice watch and listen. pls community let me know what you think... and if people want to add stuff tell so! Greetz BrentFourtwenty

Gobi
Since spotify music can be read from 3rd part apps it schould be possible !!! But the limitation to play only 1 track with 1 account at the same time could be a problem for a virtual mixer...
andre1998Br

When we have the option to use airplay and a DJ function we can stream out music to our speakers and edit them as we wish.

The DJ function can also work on parties if you feel like increase the equalizer a bit and make the party even more insane.

And we kinda miss the air-play function as there is hard to find a program which makes us able to use the airplay function in our speakers or whatever from our PC.

/André ''spotify lover<3'' 

andre1998Br

I think it would  be  great with a new  DJ function and also a airplay function. This means you can stream out

Music from you device (where you use spotify) into your speakers and edit them as you wish using the DJ thingy.

I really think this would be really good for spotify and very appreciate by all users, you can for example add these funcs as a Spotify app or something. I think that would make spotify even better. And I really want these funcs

// Hope you make these funcs ,spotify lover, André

djmaxmax

+1

Megaski

I agree,

This eliminates the need for recording software applications, which are available, and are illegal.

I even want to pay an extra fee, if this comes available.

Volle

Hi! I E-mailed Spotify about two years ago with this idea, and I'm sure there already exist a thread in this forum bringing this up but here goes:

An app or function I Spotify that would simply have a cross-fader (fade-out vs. fade-in) making seamless playback possible. I'm not talking about BPM matching or other DJ-like tools (although...) but just a simple function that would make it possible to play the next queued song simultaneously. Just a thought. 

stefdebont

Oh yes, I look forward to having a mixer connected to Spotify. Just image using the Spotify library with the Algoriddim djay app on your iPad.

cookly

Agreed, it would make us all the best DJ at the party if there were NO gaps, including when changing mid-song...