Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Explicit Filter

Add a button that controls whether Explicit songs are played or not.  When it is off and you're listening to an album or playlist, the explicit songs are skipped. That way you can still listen to your favorite album or playlist when more impressionable members of the family (kids / parents) are around.

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks!

It's great to hear music as the artist intended it to be heard, this means Spotify can sometimes include explicit content.

We recommend looking out for the EXPLICIT tag on any releases (E on the web player).
Note: Our explicit content tags are applied based on information we receive from rights-holders. This means we can’t guarantee all explicit content is marked as such. 

It's also now possible to use the Explicit content filter on mobile and tablet devices (more devices coming soon!). Right now, the setting is only for the individual account and device. If you do apply the setting on your phone, it doesn't filter explicit content for the same account on the desktop app. It also doesn’t apply if you use Spotify Connect to play to another device. For more information on this, check out this support article.

We'll keep you up-to-date if there's anything else to share!

Thanks
Comments
MattSuda

This would be useful for parties or family gatherings! 

dag552

Please add an option to disable the playback of explicit songs. It is quite annoying to be listening in the car with children and then hear f words and the like. Thank you!

CadMonster

I would LOVE this feature. I have young kids and would like to be able to just start a playlist going without having to worry about explicit lyrics being played.

krikelin

Some time ago, marks about explicit tracks began popping up on Spotify. Now they have completely disappeared.

Why?

1wave

I basically can't listen to to Spotify around my kids, sucks it doesn't have this feature.  Each song has this tag, how hard can this be???

Would LOVE to see this feature.  I'm no prude, but sometimes I just get tired of hearing F**k and B***h over and over.

Cjoy2Day

I would think this would be a basic feature.   Please create a filter so I can listen to the songs as if they were on the radio and not the explicit versions.

I'd like to just be allowed to let my playlist go without my kids asking me "mom! what are you listening to?"

lauracw

agreed, this needs to happen!  (And this post would have a lot more feedback if it didn't take 5 steps to be able to click the kudos button!)

QwikSandy

Yes this would be very useful and make the service much better so that it can be taylored to the listening audience.

ericschwartzman

Love the service, but would like to be able to enjoy it in good conscoius with young ears.