Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Light Mode option

Hi,

The new white text on black design physically hurts my eyes and gives very bad ghosting (i.e. persistent image like those in optical illusions that make you stare at particular color combinations and then look away). I know I'm not the only one with this issue because I've researched it in the past. Without an option to switch back to the old design (White background/black text), I'll need to delete my Spotify account and find another service. Please add an option to switch between the two (because I know many prefer black backgrounds). Myself and a host of others, however, cannot use these color combinations. Please let me know if there is a work-around; it would be much appreciated. It's basically unusable to me in it's current state.

~V

Updated on 2023-03-18

Hey folks,

This idea has been moved to a wrong place in the forum but is now back in its place.

We're keeping the status of Not Right Now as we still don't have any immediate plans to implement this, however, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any news to share.

Thanks!

Comments
lewis144
I got mad at Deezer because I did a test and found more than 50% of the music I reviewed on the Hi-Fi plan wasn't any more than MP3 quality. Might be okay for a regular plan but I'm personally still mad at them for their scam on the Hi-Fi plan. Now I just manually download music and have a 9.1GB folder of music, I don't use any streaming sites because they're all **bleep** in their own special ways.
Fayie

Honestly, I been low-key wishing this since forever now.

But, this its been so long, and i been with Spotify for so long too.

Recently i subbed to Deezer & Tidal Hi-Fi & Pandora aswell. 

Being honest, Spotify still feels the best. Tidal coming in next, their "HiFi" & Master Collection isn't as extensive/big as they make it seem or at least the music i'm into; despite some of them being massive mainstream artists. 

Came Crawling back since there isn't just anything better currently sadly.

lewis144
Unfortunately, with respect, when you and others choose to stick with Spotify and give them your money, it allows them to continue providing a service with a 6 year stale but wanted suggestion sitting here. In other words they're winning when people stay with them. They aren't winning from me, that's for sure.
Fayie

Also, with respect, that's how the business works in general.

They had the courtesy to let us know, they won't be implanting this currently.

They ain't beating around the bush, regardless how basic the feature seems, as a business, you can't implant every feature suggestion the community ask for.  

We all use it with our own reasons, mine is convenience, on the go, as someone who constantly on the move due to work, It's more convenient for me to have a streaming platform on the go. 

They have their ups & downs, but so do other platforms & manual downloading. I also hope that you are purchasing the actual music when you say "Download" & not pirating them. Since in the end, despite how much royalties they offer to the artist, we are still supporting the artists we listen to. 

phsshp

Really? It's 2020 and you still haven't addressed it?

The ugliest app on my Android. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

I can't read it because of the low-contrast font colors.

If you're going to style your app like a '90s **bleep** site, at least use true white for the fonts.

Going to play "It's the 80s where's our Rocket Packs" by Daniel Amos...

CjoewD

I have astigmatism. It makes reading white font on black annoying and puts more strain on the eyes. I actually get headaches from looking/reading it for too long.

ew878w_2-xqjh

Absolutely shame it hasn't been done yet!!
Such basic feature should have been in MVP!!

yevtama

My oh my

Need to find a way to export my playlists somehow and look elsewhere…

RafeLangston

I have recently been diagnosed with a medical condition that is gradually causing it to be more and more difficult for me to read light text on a dark background. This would be a godsend, but it looks like Spotify is completely ignoring it unfortunately.

Jon47

Hi everybody, I've enjoyed following this thread for the last couple years and seeing the sporadic bursts of activity as more and more people complain about it. I'm sorry that Spotify is not planning on fixing this, as I'm sorry about a lot of things Spotify has done lately like adding "Stories" and perverting podcasts. I'll continue to celebrate when new comments come in just to be ignored by Spotify, but in the meantime I want to remind everybody that there is *already* a very good option that is not too difficult to use which is explained here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Light-Mode-Toggle/idc-p/5058273/highlight/...

A more productive use of this thread might be to share spicetify themes?