Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
Smconley11

Yes, genres! I’ve been dying for a way to sort all of my ‘Liked Songs’ into genres automatically without me creating a playlist. I listen to generous amounts of music across many genres. I love the playlist creation option, and think adding a genre option under ‘Liked Songs’ would be beneficial too. It could be advertised as a special feature for prime listeners? Best strategy for advertising would definitely be on Instagram.

Konan__22

I’m fully agree with the Post!!
Please add this feature, it would be a big addition to the application, we are in 2020, it should already be here for real ! 

mattlane66

I am not a programmer, and this does not work anymore; however, adding a feature like this https://github.com/mattlane66/ShuffleSpot would be nice. I have a master playlist, and sorting it by genre would be nice depending on my mood. 

_okarin_001

What if Spotify had a different section for liked or loved songs instead of dumping it into a single playlist, where it can accumulate all of our loved songs based on artist, genre or album (whichever the user selects).

I have almost 4000 song in my liked playlist which is a mess. I would definitely love a different section for those songs separated by artist, album,genre etc.

This was my idea post. But I see someone already posted this on 2014. It's 2020 now. Do something spotify. I am sure this will make the user experience nicer.

chrisf0412

Me and many others that are not on this community think this feature is absolutely neccessary!

What i would like to have is a button in your favourite songs section, where all genres that are included in my favourite songs are listed with chechboxes (So songs would need a Genre-Tag, but i think this is already implemented). 

So via checkbox selection all these songs from the genres you have checked are listed and can be played. 
Additionally there should be a button „Export as Playlist“

If clicked, there could be a Question „Do you want the Playlist to be filled automatically with songs you will like from now on?“ 

If no, Playlist is treated as a normal Playlist. 

If yes, every new song you like that belongs to a genre you created a playlist of, is added to this playlist!

Please add the feature. 

ctnwebmail
Sorting by Genre is a fundamental requirement of any music library.

But alas, @spotify have decided against implementing this feature in spite of nearly 50 pages of requests on this forum. It’s not that the music they carry doesn’t have genre details in the metadata - the proof of this is the feature that @spotify has whereby a user is pointed to music similar to the style that they’ve already been listening to. @spotify can’t or won’t listen to the pleas of they customers and this forum stands testament to this.

In time, a competitor of @spotify will secure better licensing deals for their customers and when that happens, @spotify will suffer significantly. When that happens, then lecturers in MBAs across the world will point to @spotify’s failure and say that this is a consequence of a company choosing not to listen to its paying customers.

@spotify - here’s a question for you: Why even bother hosting this forum if you don’t listen to your customers?
akshyan_nk

Any update?

Florida2

How is this not added? I can’t remember every artist I have in library or who that is. However, I can remember the genre. 

JorritS

I would love to be able to sort the artists I follow under the "following" tab (on my profile) by genre & mood.

Uvexxed

Disappointed to see that this idea has been mooted since 2018, would be a great addition to filter my library by genre for specific moods. I am currently doing this by making playlists of genres which is laborious and would be so simple to do it programmatically by the developers.