Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
PurplePenguin1

Has anything been done about adding a Genre button?  

da_silva89
Nope. Been asking for years now and nothing.
steve99300

Spotify :

Can you please pull your finger out of your **bleep** and get this most basic feature added to the software. This is a feature that would greatly improve the experience of an already premium service. You can not expect the public to see you as the most advanced and integrated music streaming service if you don't add features that were present in software in the 1990s.

I'm sick of the put up with it or find another service attitude. At the very least give me a valid reason why.

I used Google Play Music before, and jumped to Spotify since my car stereo supports Spotify.

The feature I'm missing most from Google Play is being able to play music by genre in my library.

Google Play automatically selects the genre for the track, but lets you override it.

I think the automatically selected genre is based on most used genre for the track.

This way you don't need to have genres ready for any tracks, you just let the community decide! 🙂

Google Play has this feature for both tracks and albums, and the lack of this in Spotify is almost a dealbreaker for me.

Quero muito este recurso !!!

afw823

I like way too many songs and need to be able to filter by the genre I am feeling! I hope you put this on the product roadmap

ocrumm5

I’m 100% in need of this feature.

Spotify, Please get on board with this and make it happen. 

Having a “Genre” section in our library would make it easier to use. I have read many comments where people want to listen to one genre, including myself. However, I want to do so with the music I have saved. I’m tired of making playlists where not every song is added. It also takes up a lot of time when all you want to do is just listen to a specific genre in your saved library as quickly as possible. The genre playlists and “moods” created by you don’t play the artists or songs that I want to listen to in that moment. iTunes has this feature, why not have it for Spotify? The music in our libraries are categorized by songs, artists, and albums. So why not genre? 

I feel the user experience would be better if you create a genre category in our libraries. Please make this an actual feature. 

❤️

wtbj-bxyuq_a

We need this now how hard could it be to code it in there.

JeroenElsen

Currently I use playlists for this. And the Daily mix fills this demand for me. But I do have to say the my music list could be a bit more 'clever'.

_i5-qge11fabj

Definitely a good idea. This needs to be a feature.