Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Button on play queue to shuffle current selections

Currently, in the panel "Playing from play queue" below "Now playing," if there are any selections queued, there is a listing titled "Next in Queue" with one option "Clear Queue".

My request - 

Add an additional button labeled "Shuffle", have it appear only if there is more than one selection in the queue. Pressing this "shuffle" button does a random sort of the selections currently in the queue.

Note : selections below in the "Next from" section are not included, no change is made to their order.

I need this because I routinely make a selection of singles and albums from several artists but I want then to shuffle the selections. This is kind of like building a playlist on the fly.

1. An alternate idea would be to have a button that transfers selections in the queue to a playlist. But that is less preferable because I don't want a new playlist to be added

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
seanf01

I feel like that there should be a shuffle add to queue button for playlist and albums. So it would add a playlist or album to queue, but shuffle it 🙂

susannemlarssen

Sometimes I find a lot of new songs, and I add them to “liked songs” or a playlist. If I want to only listen to the songs I have recently discovered I’ll have to listen to them in the same order every time because I can’t shuffle play them. It would be better and easier to be able to mark songs and then shuffle play the songs you’ve marked. Then you don’t need to shuffle play all your liked songs or your whole playlist every time, or to add every single song you want to listen to to the queue.

thormfceo

Shuffle Selected:

With a simple Tap & Hold of the Shuffle button, users will get entered into the ‘Shuffle Selected Mode’. In this mode, users will have the ability to select a Start point and End point in their playlist, highlighting one specific section of their playlist to be shuffled. After selecting their Start and End point, a simple tap of the Shuffle button will save their selections and shuffle the selected area.

Every user has a span of their playlist that includes some of their most listened to songs, or some of their favorite new songs/podcasts, ‘Shuffle Selected’ will give the users the ability to focus on that section and shuffle through the songs that they want to hear in that moment.

mae007

i would like to be able to shuffle my queue. for example when im looking trough my music i will add some song from certain artists to my queue but i dont want to hear them in that order. so i have to just manually shuffle them wich is really annoying.

Dragonsong3k

I have been listening to digital music since the early 90s. A Queue is a "temporary playlist" and should have all the functionalities of a playlist. 

The queue is for adding a collection of songs (mostly whole playlists or albums) to listen too together. Spotify, you are the only ones not doing it right. 

Some people like it in order it was added others like it shuffled. I miss Winamp.....

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-07-16

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Jpaik649

The ability to shuffle the queue order after songs have been added to it would be very convenient. For example once I have added 2 or more songs I would love it if a shuffle button appeared on the queue/upnext page.

Screenshot_20220802-114046_Spotify.jpg
Emilia_8
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

It has been marked as a New Suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

SussyBlu1

youtube music has this option idk how spotify doesn't 

JennNicole96

Should also be able to add your queue to a playlist 😩