Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Button on play queue to shuffle current selections

Currently, in the panel "Playing from play queue" below "Now playing," if there are any selections queued, there is a listing titled "Next in Queue" with one option "Clear Queue".

My request - 

Add an additional button labeled "Shuffle", have it appear only if there is more than one selection in the queue. Pressing this "shuffle" button does a random sort of the selections currently in the queue.

Note : selections below in the "Next from" section are not included, no change is made to their order.

I need this because I routinely make a selection of singles and albums from several artists but I want then to shuffle the selections. This is kind of like building a playlist on the fly.

1. An alternate idea would be to have a button that transfers selections in the queue to a playlist. But that is less preferable because I don't want a new playlist to be added

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Foccus

Exactly. Love this. I recently joined spotify and I was confused as to why songs on queue can't be shuffled. 

scarletvvitch

Yes! Especially because I spam songs by one artist, then another, and it doesn't flow as well as a shuffle would.

kdSYROR3fqqCVhxf8c

I need a real shuffle option. My list has 2000 songs on it and it always plays the same stuff over and over again.

GarlicMayo

Yeah, this should be on Spotify

rey_wolf

Love this

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-08-18

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Chandack24

Deezer, YouTube Music and Tidal all have this feature. Wonder why Spotify doesn't 

jwingfelder

Please add a Shuffle the Queue option!

hellerr

I like that you can move the queue order around but definitely need a shuffle button since I also add songs to my queue artist by artist. 

cmr38

Yes! I was so disappointed when I moved over from YouTube Music to find out that I couldn't do this. I like to add multiple albums from an artist to my queue and then shuffle them. No can do on Spotify.