Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Spotify Kids Amazon Appstore

The amazon fire we have is mainly used by our 6 year old daughter. She's got her own profile here so she's got related app for her she. Since Spotify Kids was just released it would be ideal to make it available in the Amazon AppStore

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
morgan-on-tour

More than half a year has passed and the App is still not available in Amazon App Store. It is unbelieveable that a  possibly huge community for parental control like Amazon FreeTime is being ignored. Especially when already an Android version of the App exists. 

ParentalUnits

Yeah, my wife and I decided to cancel our Spotify family account and move over to Amazon Music Family so we could use the built in family functions over there in FreeTime (now called Kids+).

The lack of the kids app in Kids+ for over a year was the deciding factor for us.

At least with discounts, we got an Amazon Music Family account that also has HD Audio streaming for the same price of the Spotify Family cost.

We used a program called FreeYourMusic to transfer all our playlists over to Amazon Music and it worked very well.

Too bad Spotify failed to listen to us, but we decided to stop hoping that Spotify would do such a simple task and we are moving on.

KJM0101

Please add the Kids app to Amazon Appstore!

Ajayem

Has this still not been done! Come on Spotify!

DC76

Can’t believe that this was first registered in March and still not resolved. I’ve just signed upgraded to Spotify Family Premium to find that it’s useless for my children’s new Kindle. Please resolve this ASAP. 

DC76

Looks like I’ll be cancelling my Spotify and moving to Amazon music

GJD1978

Has this been resolved yet? In all honesty, Spotify and Amazon are pathetic! Amazon doesn't even have its on music platform available for kids and the Spotify kids app isn't available on the Amazon app store! Its astonishing. Sort it the **bleep** out. The idiots that develop this nonsense aren't obviously parents. If they were they'd quickly realise we have enough **bleep** to deal with rather than navigate your collectively poor systems! Make a tick box disclaimer and let parents make the call! Absolute riot! SORT IT! I've been attempting to allow my kids access to numerous music platforms and its brick wall after brick wall. 

Pea2910
„The idiots that develop this...“ - such language is totally unnecessary. What do we know why this issue isn‘t yet fixed? And for sure, being called an **bleep** doesn‘t inspire me to fix anything...
Cmarino79

Yes, please add spotify kids to the amazon appstore!

zjd_97-1eci5

This seems to be a no-brainer.

The Fire is marketed as a great tablet for kids.

Half the world uses Spotify.

Getting Spotify Kids in a Fire is a huge motivation to upgrade to Premium.

Absolute no-brainer.