Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Spotify Kids Amazon Appstore

The amazon fire we have is mainly used by our 6 year old daughter. She's got her own profile here so she's got related app for her she. Since Spotify Kids was just released it would be ideal to make it available in the Amazon AppStore

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
vladinski

I've just converted my decade + old free account into a family account after getting fed up with Tidal Playlists/recommendations, or lack of.  I specifically went for the family account as there is the advertised "kids account", disappointing you can only create such account from a piece of software no available across many platforms, especially Amazon Echo/FireStick/FireOS/ products.  This is such an open goal.

moggy_moomoo

I find it bizarre that the Spotify app is available on the Kids Kindle, and I can log into that. Yet the Kids Spotify app, which has parental controls and is age-appropriate, is not available. I think this really needs sorting as surely it is a small adaptation that needs to be made to be accessible for the hundreds of thousands of children who use a Kindle tablet as their only device. This is a massive failing for Spotify.

Katzelyst

Can we please make this a reality soon? I just upgraded to a family plan, and was super disappointed to find out that this isn't available on their Fire tablets. As others have pointed out, Fire tablets are widely used for kids because of the price point and because of the Amazon Kids app, so it seems counterintuitive to exclude such a wide population of potential users.

tobuzz

Another customer here who upgraded to the family plan for this very feature.  Can't believe it's not possible to run the kids version on the kindle.  I'll be downgrading next month and looking elsewhere as I don't need my 7yr olds taste in music invading my account.

Dregus311

Spotify, 

Please correct this issue and place the app in Amazon's store. I just finished my free trial period and after much discussion and testing decided on Spotify family over Amazon and Apple Music. We enjoy Spotify flexibility but this lack of kids accounts will likely end up being a deal breaker. We will try the family plan for a month or so, but if a better solution to Echo integration and kids app are not found. We will have to go to Amazon Music.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

stormtrooper

I understand this process and I think it is a great one, but as a UIUX manager currently and a designer for over 25 years this kind of thing is just a given. This should be available on one of the largest used devices for children and families. This kind of decision shouldn't rely on a vote. It should just be done. I love Spotify's UIUX and that is why I chose it. Hope this moves forward good luck. thanks.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

PGTeaLeaves

With Windows 11 expected to allow apps from the Amazon Appstore - surely this idea should be a priority for Spotify now. Would fix 2 problems - Kids App on Kindle & Windows - in 1 go.

I still cant belive that it was not brought out on the Kindle in the 1st place, this must be the most heavily used Kids platform.

Alexandre-

totally needed!