Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Time to feature Dolby Atmos

I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interest. That is why Tidal now has a corresponding offer. I can only recommend Spotify to do so, otherwise you will lose users to the competition.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
rudi_h_

I really like Spotify but I am considering using Apple Music instead because it has Dolby Atmos. If Spotify doesn't make their service unique in some way soon, they're gonna get overtaken by other music services. 

jasonluvsspoti

Spotify is a music company, but also a tech company. To succeed they need to constantly innovate. As great as spotify is an a music platform, they are starting to get left behind by other companies adopting Dolby Atmos capabilities. Technology moves quickly, but spotify has been dragging their feet on this one for a while. 

Analog_Binary

I love Spotify for the community and playlists, but I love the sound and experience of Dolby Atmos more. I've got a Sonos soundbar which is insane with Atmos for music (and Netflix!). I've switched to Apple Music but will return to Spotify if this gets resolved soon. If it doesn't, then probably not, which will be unfortunate as I love listening to my friends' playlists and seeing what they listen to. 

thirv

I am currently paying for two music subscriptions as Spotify is yet to support Dolby Atmos/ Surround Sound formats for music and other content so I would love to see this feature brought to the platform.

ecr80

I'm hoping the delay of Spotify HiFi means it will include Atmos (Spatial Audio) when it finally releases.

JasonScalzo

You can't bring this feature to Spotify soon enough! This would make Spotify sooo much better!!! I'm jealous of Apple Music and Tidal listeners.

koenig_tschango

Dolby Atmos please! 

Wheesh_1073

I love my AirPods with spatial audio but I don’t want to have to use Apple Music to use Dolby atmos. I really want them to implement this so I can truly take advantage of spatial audio

planetf1

really disappointed that after a few years this still isn't in spotify

Getting very tempted to jump to Apple Music

clvalencia

Hi, for many years I was a Spotify subscriber but… about 2 years ago I migrated to TIDAL HiFi Plus because of the audio quality. I recently upgraded my home audio system and I see that other “newer" companies in the subscription audio market already have Hi-Res (for example Amazon Music unlimited offers Ultra HD -up to 24 bit, 192 kHz-) and when will Spotify have Hi-Res, RA 360, etc.?