Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Time to feature Dolby Atmos

I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interest. That is why Tidal now has a corresponding offer. I can only recommend Spotify to do so, otherwise you will lose users to the competition.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
andylui912

It's been way too long... I started using Apple Music because of this but although I really like the software of Spotify, the music audio compared to Apple Music is significant with dolby atoms and lossless audio. This different needs to be rectified

whatisdelicious

Super annoying that this continues to not be supported. I've switched back and forth between Spotify and Apple Music a lot over the last few years and it always comes back to the same pros and cons: Spotify is a much better app while Apple Music has better music. The sound quality is just better there, even without Dolby Atmos or lossless. But the fact that Spotify still does not support these features is wild.

ToucanCam

I've been a Spotify Premium member for many years and have a premium Sonos surround sound set up in my home. It's disheartening that I love Spotify so much that I can't enjoy Atmos Audio music through my Sonos speakers. I don't want to move on to Apple Music just to the best sounding music out of my speakers. Please implement Atmos Audio so your users can enjoy great sounding music. 

mudinguye1962

Man, it has been 2 years and they still don't support it, I really want Spotify to support Dolby Atmos, this post had so many likes and I strongly agree with you.

c4rlm4nu

Dolby Atmos is the next level experience for music lovers and Spotify should be at the forefront of such new technology. Personally I think it would be a huge mistake to skip on being the pioneers of Dolby Atmos music streaming service.

freezonay

PLEASE add dolby atmos to all devices, especially for PC so customers can finally enjoy listening to music in DOLBY ATMOS via hdmi on their av receivers. If you only add it to mobile than many people are going to be very mad so please Spotify.

Zacmalele

Greetings, 

It has been 2 years since this idea was first suggest and to date no feedback yet. 

Surround sound  is important to a listener and ( Dolby Atmos or DTS X) are the guys who have it right.  Consider including this feature. 

If this isn't considered yet, Spotify is going to lose a number of loyal clients. 

31tirdneaduyy7amnu77

I think Spotify support dolby atmos in iphone

Namtaluong

I’ve recently got a free trial to apple music to compare both spotify and apple and sorry to say but dolby atmos makes it sound sooo much better the way the instruments and voice sounds in my ear sounds more natural and vibrant i’m a loyal spotify fan so im going to stick to spotify but it’s sooo hard not to switch with the quality of the music apple has other people won’t think the same as me as they will switch right away because of it please spotifyyy

Piyush99

Great idea