Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Upload GIFs as Playlist Covers

I think it would be really great if Spotify could allow GIFs to be uploaded as Spotify Playlist Covers - it would add a nice touch of personality to each playlist and make it pop even more! I really like the animated covers of some Spotify Playlists and it would be really cool if we could do something similar with our playlists

This idea has been submitted a few times before but I genuinely love the idea and think it deserves another shot at voting and I hope it gets enough votes this time! 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Le0xo

2024 and still no support of gifs as pfp or playlists covers

tomcat1112k

I totally agree! Adding a GIF is like a shortcut to emotions, right? We don't need to listen to every song on a playlist to feel its vibe. One GIF and users get it instantly, just by glancing at the title and the moving picture. BAM!! So much quicker and impactful!