Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
Dubbels

2 Years later and still nothing, very nice Spotify.

AselAsel

PLEASE SPOTIFY DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!aahahhshdhshsmkakakajanajshdususuksksjjs

Commenting to reinforce this idea in 2023. Please allow this option. Otherwise, I'm switching platforms to something that will. 

Kraitharch

Spotify is for music. I'm not interested in and I don't listen to podcasts at all, yet those apparently random recomendations appear right on top of the home screen. Please, let me turn those recommendations off.
But if you really want podcasts recomendations to remain on the home screen - at least allow us to manually move them lower.  

Shaukshtas

Wake up Spotify, need option to remove podcasts,

Kid is watching some stupid videos on your platform. 

Only music option needed, otherwise I have to block Spotify for good.

Premium should feel like premium right?

SquidFace
Some of those video podcasts have explicit language, sexual content, and violence, just so you know.

No way to change the setting to only have family friendly or “clean” podcasts, even though you can turn off explicit language for music.
twygally

They paid millions for this**bleep** and want to force it on us

sptfyalgorithmsucks

look, it's not our fault you spent $100mm on Joe Rogan's stupid show. why do all us users have to suffer for poor leadership decisions? come on development team, do the right thing. remove the podcasts

pflarz

finally, I made my decision.....goodbye spotify its now time to move to Apple Music, where you can switch off what ever you want (podcasts or Videos in a easy granular way...). 

SpadgeVEVO

Absolutely, I have no interest in podcasts on Spotify. The worst is, it keeps recommending me that same JRE episode, I marked it as read, but it's still stuck in my feed. Make it disappear ffs