Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
antonio-ramadas

Having this native would be awesome, but while it is missing, I created a desktop app that implements this idea. The app updates itself on the background and shows you the albums/artists/playlists you played along with the last track you played.

The app is free and open source.

I'm waiting for this feature to be native, but, in the meantime, Palbum (the name of the app) has avoided me a lot of headaches of having to remember (and even write down) the last track I played. I hope it can help you too.

Here is the website: https://antonio-ramadas.github.io/palbum/

0rsoxhnt2yotxjt

You know that even youtube has such capability ... 

I think you are missing big time and it is not something so hard to implement . 

Johnnythrillpot

This is a great idea.  I make a lot of my own playlists for different moods and like to have them be 8 to 20 hours.  A major problem is remembering where I left off.  

21omen

Last month I earned my "Registered for two years" badge. I couldn't care less for your stupid forum badges!

I only registered two f@#&% years ago to vote for this feature! I think I will cancel my family-membership once and for all. Thanks for ....

Sivan_k

YES, this is exactly what is needed, I listen to lengthy playlists and albums and the fact that I can't go back and forth between playlists changes my listening pattern, I choose not to listen to something I want or close Spotify all together and go to Youtube.

I sometimes switch between lyrics and instrumental at work, depending on what I'm doing, Spotify makes it hard for me. 

Maybe even for just saved playlists?

aesterling

What can we do to get the Community Team to reconsider this idea? 

I just read the March 2019 Ideas Review posted by Spotify Community Manager @TomLegend and every single one of the ideas listed as "implemented" that month had fewer votes than this one. Two of the ideas implemented in March had only 2 votes and 34 votes while this idea is currently sitting at 1,160 votes.

Thanks!

bugujr

There must be a licensing conflict for enabling this feature and they don't want us to know. It seems to be the only logical explanation why Spotify is blatantly ignoring this idea and refusing to provide updates.

Radiomylar
Just a reminder that the quickest way for the development team to hear our
ideas is to leave a NEGATIVE review with this idea in mind, on all of the
app stores.
spotify2kuste

Yeah, just earned the 2 years registered badge. And the reason for this is, that I hoped to get this feature. 
Guess I will wait for it when I get my registerd for 25 years badge.

Funny point is, with every update I get, there is still hope, that it might have been implemented. But we all know better 😉

wigglebit

I know how you feel @spotify2kuste. I've been registered since 2012 when I posted this idea. I get an email everytime someone likes it.

I think the best place to complain is on the app stores. Probably won't matter though. These guys are not adding this feature for some reason, probably to do with money. Or maybe they just don't have the technical skills 😉

Personally I don't care anymore. I don't use their service mainly because of this missing feature and their lousy excuse for not adding it. I mean this is a no brainer and I don't deal with stupidity very well. I get enough of that with my politicians.

Thanks for posting!