Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[All Platforms][Social] Allow us to change our username (at least once)

Ok I hope to God that you guys don’t shoot down my idea this time, I already feel as if I have no voice  or say in anything that Spotify does. And speaking of having no voice or say, I’ve been a Spotify user for years now. And my username was always the same as my display name. However, the day I change my display name, my username was changed to a bunch of random  letters and numbers, and I have to type in my email instead. I learned quickly that Spotify doesn’t allow users to change their usernames for identification purposes, and I understand that. But I already had a username and they changed it to a bunch of random letters and numbers, so why can’t I change it? This frustrates me so much and if this suggestion gets shot down, like my last one 🙄😑😔, I’m canceling my subscription. Thank you. 😕 (also I chose community for platform bc I can’t figure out which platform label I should label this is).

Updated on 2022-08-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
piaao

I think that most of us who created our Spotify accounts when Spotify became a thing would really like to be able to change our usernames without having to make a new account, as many of us probably have usernames that are old and outdated. I know I do. I would like to be able to change my username to something more fitting. Would you?

enyaashamyaza

i got doxxed because of my username so even if i only get the option to get the random numbers instead, i'd take it! please spotify, i want to share playlists with people, but as it currently stands, i cant :c

davide-co-za

Absolutely agreed. We need the ability to have custom profile URLs please. (Not just for artists!) We (users) are supporting you instead of the big competition eg Apple, Google. Please, come on Spotify!

EG instead of:

https://open.spotify.com/user/ixzkdr7wefwvyrdcvwu7quhk5

EG this would be so much better for my social media purposes:

https://open.spotify.com/user/davide-coza