Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Music] "Add to queue" with Google assistant

I would like to add the 'add to queue' function to any google assistant device.

I have a google home device and when I try saying "play next" or "add to queue" the speaker just switches to the named song right away. 

Even tried using 'ifttt' but couldn't find or build a good applet.

This kind of missing functionality is a MAJOR gap for my everyday usage of the google assistant.

If you think this is an idea/feature that should be added, please send a link to a friend of yours with a Spotify account and ask him to help too.

Updated on 2020-02-24

Hey folks, 

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our
Idea Exchange.

Comments
azer95

This feature really is necessary for car journeys. I want to play my playlist or queue as is but sometimes I want to add a song to the queue without interrupting it. Currently if I ask for a song, it just completely wipes my queue and plays the album the song was from instead. This is incredibly frustrating on a drive because I have to restart the queue or playlist which could be incredibly dangerous.

This feature would make so many car journeys so much safer and more fun.