Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] "Don't Like Button" should be added to all sections

Hello everyone,

I am not sure why it keeps changing between updates, although in the past Daily Mixes have the Like & Dislike button. But this time around it has been completely removed and is only available Under Your Weekly Discovery.

It would be nice if the "Don't Like Button" was added everywhere, from Weekly Discovery, Daily Mixes, even when searching specific songs, albums, genres etc. to better filter our music preferences.

Also I find on Android on the drop down menu the Don't like button rarely ever works and have to enter the app directly. Like always works perfectly fine.

I would appreciate it if this could be considered.

Thank you

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
hawk61305

I have been a Premium Spotify subscriber for long time now. I don't not want to wait any longer for a "Dislike Button" Or a remove from Que Option. I will be changing my music provider altogether. 

linegrinder

Hi there,
Any updates on this topic? It reached over 5k likes, yet there seems to have been no updates since 2019? This was over 5 years ago. Don't you think it's about time to implement a simple feature like this?

cold_wind

What kind of crazy idea is this to remove the 'dislike' button?!
I just don't like certain songs and I don't want them to ever come to me as suggestions - never again.
What are these crazy ideas of the current world to like everything!?

shaolino

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Pixel 7 / Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 / Android 14

My Question or Issue

Forward this to the PO's/dev teams:

- Add easy to use permanent "block song" feature (3 dots -> block song)
- Add easy to use permanent "block artist" feature (3 dots -> block artist)
- Add toggle button in the options "radio allowed to repeat songs: yes/no"
- Add toggle button in the options "after playlist completion repeat songs in following mix: yes/no"
- If you want to keep the "Remove from queue" feature, fine. Then add a toggle button in the options: "permanently remove songs from any queue if this feature is used: yes/no"

And last but not least: Less mixes, more radios with completely new and fresh songs. No repeating allowed.

Thanks

PS: Your project owners and research teams should already know about all of this. It's been requested for years. Yet in the forums only generic answers from your side are being posted. I'm tired of this.

ibigfire

It's insane that such a simple feature has not been implemented in the literal half a decade since the original post.

I get it, you're a small indie company that makes barely any money and can't afford to pay someone to work on this, not when your CEO needs a third yacht or whatever naturally, but maybe some day you'll be able to scrounge up the cash to implement a basic feature like disliking a song throughout the platform.  Here's hoping.