Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Play multiple Speakers at the same Time

I recently got six(6) of the 2nd gen Amazon Echo Dots and placed them everywhere in my home. And I realized the policy of Spotify that is limiting to only one device to play music at the same time bothers me a lot when I set Spotify as a default music libary. For example, if one of my family members asks one of Echo Dots in his/her room to play music A, then music B on another Echo Dot I'm listening to stops playing.

I know there is Spotify Family Plan but my kids can't join that because they are just young and they don't have any email account yet. And also I don't want to create an account for them yet.

I believe Spotify could make possible to play the same music over multiple Echo Dots under the same network at the same time somehow even while it's not possible to play music on other multiple devices. Maybe by verifying some factors like if it's for Amazon Echo Dots under the same network under the same account.

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
kidbluenoah

Please add the multi-room audio feature with Amazon's Echo to include Spotify!

Rman222

This is really an absolute must fix issue.

bkustera

Seriously, fix this.

Seancallum

They won’t. They have not replied to any recommendations to fix this. Arrogant. Just want your money. I have already cancelled my subscription and moved to amazon music. Same price more functionality. 

xoundbox

I also already canceled Spotify subscription. I felt waiting this feature was waste of time and money. I'm glad Amazon started this feature. I'm enjoying it.

bkustera

Yah...this is frustrating. I'm going to cancel and join Amazon Unlimited Music. It's $2 less per month also with my prime membership. That's the easiest solution at this point.

Rman222
Unfortunately Amazon Music doesn't have a remote yet... so you can only
control by voice, not with a remote app like spotify has! aaugghhhh...
SamBGB

I recently ditched spotify for this very reason, quite dissapointed. I moved to Amazon Music Unlimited family and that appears to allow you to steam different songs to multiple devices under one account, as well as giving your family access to their own account if needed. It means when I am listening in the car and the wife sticks a song on in the echo at home I don't get cut off.

alumley007

A much desired feature! I'd hate to have to switch to Amazon or some other service for mult-room music support. I have a few speakers throughout my home and would love to my fav tunes in each room 

Beershralper

Spotify, please make this happen, or at least acknowledge and explain why you seem to refuse to offer this feature.