Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Connect] Bring back support for removed BMW Connected Drive Integration

Share this with everyone you know and ask them to vote!

Spotify Integration with BMW Idrive 6 has always been sporadic and not all advertised features work. The latest Spotify versions 8.5.68.904 and 8.5.6.9.934 have bugs and the App does not appear in IDrive at all. The pervious version of Spotify was somewhat unreliable as I had to occasionally repair my phone with the car. I can no longer see the Spotify App in my BMW media list. 

I can only listen to spotify from the bmw bluetooth audio option. 

I've tried pairing an iPhone and the app appears on iDrive. For my android issue I deleted the App data and cache of both Bmw ConnectedDrive and Spotify app. I also unpaird the bluetooth connection between my smartphone car. Lastly, I uninstalled both Spotify and the BMW Apps. Nothing works.

Additionally, it would be great if my Playlist order in my car matched the order on the phone. For example, although my phone app is sorted alphabetically, my car would only show playlists in the order of what was most recently created.

Who else thinks Spotify needs to get it together and provide a quality app that integrates with iDrive?

Fix the Spotify Bug!

Updated on 2020-10-13

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any new news on or plans to reimplement right now.

If we do have any information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Skezza1

Ive had the same problem on I drive 6 with Spotify, it would run from my phone without problem, but the Spotify app would not appear on my idrive. I tried Macrodroid and Tasker to start Spotify on connection to Bluetooth, both with limited success.

I deleted Spotify on my phone and downloaded Spotify version 8.4.77.779.

This seems to have sorted the problem, and now the app appears on idrive along with album art etc. Spotify also starts automatically when starting the car. No need for Tasker or Macrodroid to open and start Spotify as I had before.

Android Spotify version 8.4.77.779

BMW connected version 6.3.2.6158

Idrive update version 1024 I think for idrive 6, it’s the latest update from BMW site

Oppo Reno2 Android 10

AVRCP 1.4 (Default)

kay0002

@skezza1 Where did you download a previous version of spotify from? I don't see any in the  Play store.

Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange! We've tweaked the title a bit for clarity.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. This feature is no longer available but Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers! 

kay0002

What do you mean Spotify will look into if it reaches a certain amount of votes? Spotify integration with iDrive is still an advertised feature and it needs to be corrected ASAP. We are paying for Spotify and this is a major bug.

Where can users download previous versions of Spotify where is works? 

Piggyplayer

Hi kay0002

I've just just installed Spotify version 8.5.64.1046.

Work fine on idrive.  

Google is your friend to find older versions. 

Spotify. Could you please supply us with a stable version on the playstore., like 1046.  

If other owners find the best one for them there should be a list made available. 

BMW series 2 GT. Samsung s8 spotify 1046 works. 

BMW series 1..............

You get the idea Spotify. 

Any other updates on the play store label them as Beta. So bmw owners know what to roll back to when the "new" update doesn't work. 

gkerr123

Can't believe this has been categorised as a new feature!  It's not a new thing, it used to work and now it's broken.  Please don't make out that this was intentional.  I don't remember seeing 'Removed compatibility with BMW' in the changelogs. 

Think it may be time to find another music service    Apparently Deezer works much better with BMW so I think I'll give it a try. 

alex775

Why the **bleep** has this feature been depreciated? Can anyone recommend any other streaming services that is compatible with BMW idrive?

JustinGTP
  • Why on earth was this removed and now is being prompted for us to upvote to bring it back? What a **bleep** customer service, especially when it still work on iPhone. Wow.
Piggyplayer

Hi Elena. 

I pay for the family sub.

I be be very grateful  if you could elevate this on going issue to your team. For me personally I only listen to Spotify whilst driving. My kids use Spotify all the time.

I know we live in different and challenging times and there are more pressing problems in the world ( I work for the NHS)

But sometimes it's the little things in this world matter.

I could rant and rave. What would that achieve. We're all adults here.

I know iOS is generally OK. It would be great if the iOS  team could look into our problem. Or have the option to roll back to previous version on play store. 

Once again I'm grateful for your time. 

Regards. 

A Spotify user, sometimes!

Sdwebb1971

Bring this feature back. Lots of people use this feature.