Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
Dotherightthing_42

I'm left with no choice but to rip your songs and use software that supports landscape mode, I don't want to do this. In my car and at home on phones and tablets I use landscape mode.. I use portrait mode when my phone is in my pocket with the screen off... Yay Spotify you fail!. If you are too lazy to get off your ass and implement landscape mode (which you used to have) then what other options do I have? As a premium member for near 2 decades over multiple accounts I'm disgusted on how lazy you have become and will continue to teach people how to bypass your fees because they will get a better experience without paying. Get off your ass, stop being lazy!

Ivan_Bar

Everyone seems to be enjoying landscape mode but for me it's just the worst!! I don't wanna turn off auto-rotate on my phone but I'd still like to have Spotify in only portrait mode. Perhaps you could make it possible to toggle on/off?

hockinsk

Must admit it is so annoying only half the Spotify app works in landscape mode. I generally rip from Spotify and play on another player or use Tidal instead.

A hack is to install autorotate app which then forces Spotify to always be in landscape mode even during playback modes. Downside is the entire phone is in landscape, but for driving that's what I generally want anyway as the holder is horizontal.

Screenshot_20240601-175805.png

dfietkau

more than 5 years now 🤗