Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Long Press on Android

For a week or two now I've lost the option to long-press on a song, album, etc. in order to access the menu for things like adding it to the queue or a playlist. This was by far the easiest way to interact with the app. Please reimplement this feature. Please. Like really. Please. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
RandyDijkstra

I'd also like to see this feature return. It was definitely my preferred way to open options over the triple dot. Maybe have it return as toggable option in Settings?

Also I'm wondering what the reason was to remove this option. An oversight or intentional?

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-09-26

Marked as a new idea 🙂

datfenristho

So incredibly stupid something like this would be intentionally removed. What are the developers a spotify smoking because it must be some good stuff.

rascomar90

I would like to co-sign this request. The long press is so simple and intuitive and switching to the 3 buttons on the side is annoying and an extra step that's entirely unnecessary. It makes changing things on the fly when I'm working out or biking much more frustrating and difficult. It seems like Spotify has made the Android version more like the Apple version. If I wanted less functionality and limited options I would bought an iphone. Don't water down the app just to make it uniform. Spotify has always been amazing and had an incredibly intuitive and easy to use set up and these last 2 updates getting rid of the home screen widget and long press are seriously annoying. 

polite_society

I hate how when we lose features it gets marked as a 'New Idea'

Hope to get this back also. 

I feel like so many features we used to have have slowly atrophied. 

polite_society

Interestingly, it looks like long press still exists inside playlists. 

Another feature gone.

zunk

Or a bug fix? The idea isn't new. Lol. 

Trafto

This is a bug, not a new idea, the long press works on my One plus 5T on latest.

psygasm

I am also extremely disappointed with Spotify. So many nice features which made interacting with the app quick and smooth have been stripped back! And its so frustrating. 

I was playing Dj during a road trip, and learnt the hard way that long press has been removed. And skipped track half way through a song. This really really sucked! And was not cool!

Please please bring back long press for menu! Why would you remove that? 

And swipe down for quick search within playlist! 2 must have features!