Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
ettamb

This is such a simple feature to implement, how has this not been added already? Seriously disrespectful to half of your user base...

peakhead

I'm in for tagging Spotify daily to get answers.

Perkula

Screenshot_20210123_201306_com.twitter.android.jpg

 what @spotifycares replied with when I tweeted them the link to this page. Seems like spotify isn't even aware that this is a highly wanted feature..

Sami8

If people are still seeing this, please go to and vote on:

Swipe to queue songs - 2021 Android

As it's a new request I just put in on the 22nd to hopefully not be ignored/put to not right now for 2 years this time.

The votes will be much appreciated and hopefully will raise the need for it

Gurraa

I got tired when I saw "Perkulas" comment about Spotify acting dumb so I made an Twitter account, @Swipe2Queue

Help me

sanction73

Please yes this, I've been waiting for it for a long time!

Jonas51

Thanks a lot for the Twitter Gurraa, please follow and RT/like/comment.

@Swipe2Queue 

TJDlink

It’s ridiculous that a feature that exists on the iOS app and has 7x the votes for the most recent features added is being neglected. I’m seriously considering cancelling my subscription. 

Goodman
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-01-27

Hi everyone.

This has been discussed internally and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

That doesn't mean the door is completely closed, though. Even in a Closed state we'll still be tracking this idea and its votes.

If anything changes we'll be sure to check back in.

Perkula

Since Spotify closed down the other thread without reasoning and this being such a highly wanted feature I wanted to reopen the idea so they can understand how important it is for the user experience. 

For you people who have never seen an iOS device with Spotify, then swipe to add to queue on Spotify basically means you swipe left on a song to add it to the queue, instead of going the long way, pressing the three dots then scroll down find the add to the queue. If you haven't experienced it you may not understand, though this feature really boosts the user experience, and why Spotify hasn't implemented this on the Android version is still unclear. Their only reasoning was:

"Hi everyone.

This has been discussed internally and while we would like to look into this, it's not currently on our radar.

That doesn't mean the door is completely closed, though. Even in a Closed state, we'll still be tracking this idea and its votes.

If anything changes we'll be sure to check back in."

This is not okay. We need a proper explanation as to why a request with over 7,000 votes and 28 pages of comments have not been implemented yet!

The "swipe to add a track to the queue" is not the only feature that's wanted on Android and that's already on iOS, which I think many of us Android users think is unfair. (Remember that Apple Music has now also launched on the Google Play Store ;)). But with this feature implemented it's at least a start. We really want this feature and we hope you still hear us even though you have ignored us before, Spotify.