Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Artist Page] See if you're a Top Listener

There should be a way to see if you are a top listener for your favorite artist. It would show you what number you are (in your area or worldwide). I would like to see if im a superfan

Updated on 2020-06-16

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we now have any immediate plans to implement.

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking out Fans First.
Fans First emails are our way of thanking our artists’ biggest Spotify fans with unique or exclusive offers.

If we do have any more info to share on this, or if this changes again rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
lets_play_two

Perhaps we could see how our genitalia stack up too. Seriously, though, isn't this a bit self-indulgent? Does it matter if someone listens to a band for 4 hours a day or 4 hours a week? Aren't there about 1,000 more important problems or missing features that their developers could work on?

theaccidentmoon

@lets_play_two Really? It's just a fun idea, the OP never said it was important or a critical feature at all. You've looked at this the complete wrong way. Yes, there are absolutely thousands of things that should come first, but having some creative ideas while the team works on the essential parts should be encouraged. Not everything's a competition, the idea never said 'to see how cool I am next to my peers'.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2017-11-13

Hey folks, we think this is a good idea. This isn't currently on our roadmap but we'll keep an eye here if this idea continues to grow and get comments from all of you. For more information on how this feedback reaches Spotify click here.

benana94

That's an interesting idea. It would also be cool to see a map of where the song is being listened to.

Ivan9485

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Scarecro77

Great idea!

GuilhermePB

Not only this option, but I think spotify should allow us to see much more from our stats

f15epilot

I cannot understand why you have not added this feature yet. Like others, I cannot fully use my subscription without this. Will wait only a few more months then bailing for a service that allows me to avoid the f-word whenever I want.

agwootton

Surely this would incetivise 'competitive' listening with people leaving albums or playlists playing when they're not around just to rack up plays. Reminds me of the ol' last.fm days (although I'm sure it still happens there).

In the long run this sounds like it would serve only a few and might negatively impact 'THE ALGORITHMS', unless Spotty and other playlist generators could catch and account for this kind of listening.

Surfacing it to artists could be cool so they could share their top listeners if they so desired, although that could cause spikes in listens for those artists that decide to share as people compete for the top spots (positive or negative dependaing on where you stand).

It's an interesting idea for sure but a leaderboard style approach seems like it may come with negative consequences.

Mr_Fafa

@agwootton 

Then you have listeners like my self that has spotify playing all day long playing a handfull of artists / playlists. 

But i see your point 100 %. 

tho, there shouldent be hard add to the algorithm some sort of "sign of life", like turning up or down the volume, searching / adding to playlist etc.