[Connect] Don’t automatically sync what I am playing across Devices

Right now Spotify Connect works like this: I build my queue in the desktop client, listen to it, then want to go out and open my phone. The queue will be transfered to my phone and is gone on the computer. According to this thread: Connect suddenly changes current playlist other users are complaining about this and don't want their queue to be transfered / overwritten with another current playlist. So please implement a feature that lets my queue stay as it is and don't transfer it to a different connected device.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for this right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Comments
Carina
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

rhmarsh

Chiming in to agree -- there needs to be a way to disable the Spotify Connect feature. It is hugely annoying to have my queues get messed up and disappear every day when switching between my mobile device and my work PC. I should be able to queue up different music on each device, and only sync those queues if I want to.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my Premium account because I'm not sure having mobile access is worth all these queue issues. 

mrleyva
Casual Listener

I signed up to the community just to find out about this. I'm hoping this is resolved too. 

talon

Same here. Considering the product "broken" until this gets fixed.

Swanny
Community Legend
Wouldn't it work better if the queue synced across all devices properly, so therefore you're not losing anything?
sladaloose
Casual Listener

Please provide a functionality to disable Spotify Connect - probably only enable it for Premium users.

It makes sense, because of my use case:

- I a want to listen to audio books when I am driving car. I have a docked Samsung Galaxy S3 which stays in the car.

- I want to listen to chillout music when I am working using my Galaxy S5.

- At home I want to listen to current music in the TOP100 playlist using my iPad connected to my HiFi-Station

Don't understand me wrong. I don't want to listen music on all of the devices at the same time. I only want that the current track position is not overwritten by some automatics.

Thanks.

jhuesos

For me, this feature is really annoying. When I am at work I want to have a different playlist than when I am listening to my music in my phone.

eventheminions
Gig Goer
Connect is useful in only a few, very specific circumstances (at a party for example). For normal use it's a HUGE PAIN and I'm completely baffled as to why Spotify won't implement a simple "off" switch for this feature.
jinnah_mushier
Regular

Agreed. Hope this will get fixed soon, otherwise I'll have to delete Spotify from my telephone. This totally ruins it.

pestbarn
Casual Listener

As of now, I regularly queue up a lot of tracks on my computer at work, sometimes up to 300-400 tracks. When I leave for lunch, I fire up Spotify on my Nexus 5, where I want to listen to a specific playlist. When I return to work, I see that my entire queue is cleared. Gone. Nothing left.

This is because I was still connected to our office wifi when I started Spotify on my mobile phone, and chose to listen to a playlist. Clearing my entire queue is, to put it mildly, unacceptable.

Temporary workaround:
Exit Spotify on desktop computer before starting it on mobile device. Not very optimal, but it works - at least for me (using a combination of Mac OS X client + Android client).