Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
jarrod_dixon

Well, I decided to put my money where my mouth is, or more precisely, *stop* putting money in a company that doesn't listen to its users.

cancel spotify premium.PNG

This is all due to Spotify Connect.  Good riddance.

EarlPurple

I am not defending "connect" I think it is a load of nonsense.

I get fed up of playing something on a device and it tells me it "detects" another device and wants to play on it.

I was playing on one device and trying to edit a playlist on a different device and it didn't like it.

I get fed up of my play queue moving away from the playlist I was listening to on the laptop, which like my android, mostly plays only downloaded playlists.

What I am saying in my posts is how to workaround "connect" and that one can "disconnect" by going into offline mode whenever you are listening to music, and be online only when you are discovering music or creating a playlist or downloading it.

(When I am discovering music, although I do put all those songs into playlists, I don't download them at that point so I don't go offline. But I could if I really wanted to).

Above, I hope you told them why you cancelled was that you cannot make "Connect" a choice. And that you can't re-order your playlists on your android device.

EarlPurple

By the way, I hate the "you are playing this playlist shuffled so I will shuffle when you play a different playlist too".

I want shuffle to apply to only the playlist I have chosen to listen to shuffled.

jarrod_dixon

@EarlPurple I apologize for my comment concerning you defending the Connect feature. I understand you're trying to offer a workaround and I thank you for that.

Also, I did give proper feedback during the cancellation, citing Connect as the reason I was leaving.

Maybe I'll come back if Connect is disableable, but I'm actually getting by just fine w/ a Google Play + YouTube Red subscription (subscribing to either gets you both) - not having any ads on YouTube is sooooo nice!

Best of luck!

EarlPurple

I just use adblock plus and get no ads watching youtube.

Maybe one day they'll stop that but it works for now.

Muckraker

Hey Everyone this issue with Connect has been addressed.  If you dig into settings on the newest version of Spotify you can set it so that you CANNOT connect to "connect enabled" devices that are not on your local area network.  

Settings / Show Local Devices Only (ON) 

"Only show devices on your local WIFI or ethernet in the devices menu".

This should keep you from inadvertently connecting to previously connected spotify connect devices when you're away from that local area network.  

Sinistertwin

Seems to me that would only solve part of the issue. It will still connect to devices on the same network.

Muckraker

Yes, I see your point although I do believe this thread was started because of unwanted Spotify connections to far-side devices by mistake..i.e. the friends home you were at 2 weeks ago or your partents AV receiver at 2am while they are sleeping and you accidently turn on their Yamaha AV receiver and start blasting music in the living room. 

ihaspowers

This has to be the absolute worst feature I have ever come over that is not optional. I simply cannot describe in words how intensly annoying this feature is, there are SO MANY problems with it.

I'm pretty invested in Spotify with regards to playlists and what not, but this feature alone is making we want to switch to some other provider.

EarlPurple

When it stops synching my play queues too then it will be fixed. So what I am listening to on one device doesn't move to what I was listening to on a different one.

I have noticed an improvement on the Android though of keeping my place when not in a data area.