Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mix] Customization: Create / Remove / Add / Merge Mixes

Daily Mixes is one of the best additions to Spotify yet, but as all new features it has room for a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to customizing your mixes. Right now mixes are enterily dependent on algorithms, however I think users should have a degree of personal input on how mixes are built. For example, it would be great if users could select a couple of songs and then have Spotify create a mix based on those songs. It would also be great if users could remove a mix and replace it with another, or merge different mixes into one. For example, Spotify created two different EDM mixes for me, one based on house music, and another based on tech house tracks. I find that a little redundant and I would like to merge both mixes into one. There's also another mix which is a weird combination of ambient, IDM, downtempo and indie rock tracks (?). I would like to split that mix in two, one for indie rock and another for IDM, downtempo and ambient music. And then there's a pop/R&B mix which I'd like to replace entirely with a jazz music mix, since I don't listen to that much mainstream pop and R&B music in the first place.

Expanding the number of daily mixes to 8 would be great as well, since 6 mixes doesn't quite cover the variety of music I tend to listen to. Finally, being able to add back to mixes songs or artists that you banned on accident is a must.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

Comments
rick9004

I love the daliy mix but it woudl be better if they placed some "title" on the main thematic that was used, such as "jazz" or "blues"

marcdehaan

Dear

Could it be possible to mix the daily mix. Then you get a mix of different types of music.

Kr

Marc

indokyak

Agree completely. This needs more votes. I wish there was a delete mix button at the very least. For example around christmas time i listened to quite a few christmas tunes as to be expected, but to have that list persist for 4 months at this point is kind of dumb. I have not opened that list since december yet its still in my list. Would be nice to delete a daily list and allow the system to create one i may actually listen to.

bltkmt

+ a zillion on the abover - we should have a bit more control over these lists, which should be a fairly easy fix?

bevanp

There needs to be a function to delete a Daily Mix completely. My account got hacked recently by someone from Philippines and I ended up with a weird mix of Christian and Sout East Asian Music Mixes being offered. I changed passwords etc. but didn't want to start again from scratch as it would impact the other member on my family premium account (who weren't hacked). 

I was told by Spotify that, by ignoring the two rogue mixes and by playing my own music regularly, that those mixes would ultimately disappear. They were mixes No 1 and No 6. Not only did they not disappear, but Spotify have now promoted Mix 6 to Mix 2...so the first 2 mixes I see every day are the ones I want to get rid of.

In the case of an account being hacked there must be a way of deleting the unwanted new mixes . Spotify is a great platform, but this is really beginning to annoy me.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We'll keep this idea open, because it looks like this is where users who want the option to remove a Daily Mix are being directed to. We have no further information on this, but if we do we'll keep you posted here.

Thanks!

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

dipdigtfxukl7m2
This is a basic feature offered by all the other music streaming services.
It really should be a no brainer to give us this option. I cancelled my
subscription because of this.
Crapples

What I want is a single meta daily mix. I don't need any fine control over it like what's described above - I just one one Super Daily Mix that combines tracks (genres) from all six of my normal Mixes. I would listen to this Meta Mix every day!

Kathdem

Thanks for the tip about making the radio station, but it doesn't really work if you really want a variety of songs. Capture.JPG