Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mix] Customization: Create / Remove / Add / Merge Mixes

Daily Mixes is one of the best additions to Spotify yet, but as all new features it has room for a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to customizing your mixes. Right now mixes are enterily dependent on algorithms, however I think users should have a degree of personal input on how mixes are built. For example, it would be great if users could select a couple of songs and then have Spotify create a mix based on those songs. It would also be great if users could remove a mix and replace it with another, or merge different mixes into one. For example, Spotify created two different EDM mixes for me, one based on house music, and another based on tech house tracks. I find that a little redundant and I would like to merge both mixes into one. There's also another mix which is a weird combination of ambient, IDM, downtempo and indie rock tracks (?). I would like to split that mix in two, one for indie rock and another for IDM, downtempo and ambient music. And then there's a pop/R&B mix which I'd like to replace entirely with a jazz music mix, since I don't listen to that much mainstream pop and R&B music in the first place.

Expanding the number of daily mixes to 8 would be great as well, since 6 mixes doesn't quite cover the variety of music I tend to listen to. Finally, being able to add back to mixes songs or artists that you banned on accident is a must.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

Comments
Rhino8989

I like the idea of the Daily Mixes, and they're obviously a successful feature on Spotify, however, I have a particular Daily Mix made entirely from artists that I've never listened to on Spotify. I have no idea how they've even become a suggestion. I listen to artists from the same genre, but the ones within the mix are artists that I've either never listened to in my life or I would never listen to because I extremely dislike that artist for various reasons. It just seems odd that the idea of deleting a Daily Mix has been entirely sidelined, when this would actually be a rather simple option to implement. 

Jsherwood2009

It would be great if this would allow you to choose your own artist list for a random daily track list. I like artists 1,5, and 8. Spotify makes playlists for 1,2,3 & 4,5,6 & 7,8,9. Why can’t we have one daily mix that changes, yet merges your favourite artists not similar sounds?

sneakyfildy

Tried to use this "Spotify" thing, but it is worthless for me - it can only play one genre at the time. Super simple feature to be able to use multiple genres in recommendations, but nothing.
No, thanks.

herrybert

Since some Weeks, maybe some month, there is so much trash (imo) in my mixtapes.
No idea why someone thinks that i like that kind of music.
In earlier days i was able to delete band that i don't like spotify asked me to delete the song or the artist.
Now i press minus, next day or other mixtape i must hear that noise again.
So i want to delete the mixtapes, does not work either.

izabela1501

We don’t have that much possibility of customising playlists

I think it would be a cool idea it we could change the name of the Daily Mix playlists. instead of the numbers 1,2 etc, we should add whatever word we want to. And it would also be wonderful if we could change the color of the playlists

noshi-ish

Spotify did it againnn, It's not letting us handpick the songs we want in the Daily Mixes. Seriously Spotify? Daily Mixes are a feature i adore but PLEASE let us handpick which song we want