Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Arjan

Also, it took me some time to figure this out, for owners of multiple AirPlay devices:

The system-wide AirPlay settings are not as easily accessible as I initially thought. It seems that Option+clicking the Volume icon only shows the last used AirPlay device. So, whenever using AirPlay Mirroring to an Apple TV, other output devices are no longer easily selected. Instead, one needs to go into the Sound Preferences to select the audio output again.

(See also Can I make Option+click on the Volume icon list all AirPlay output devices? on Stack Exchange.)

NoodlesNZ

This is a bit of a cop out. While it probably works for Mountain Lion users, what about Windows users? This needs to be implemented in the application rather than relying on the OS.

Timon

This doesn't solve it because this will also push every other sound off your desktop/laptop to the speakers and you don't want to hear your error beeps and other sounds,....

PE

No exactly,

we want an Airplay button in the desktop interface!

Regulating the sound of spotify only.

Idea not implemented I would say

Rorey
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Fair enough.

Perhaps we should have changed this idea to "Not right now" in the first place given the title. Although you can use AirPlay given the new Apple update, I don't think we'll be implementing a setting in the Preferences menu which will enable this.

It's a great idea and maybe we'll come back to it later but for now I'm inclined to mark this as such.

chema_h

Why is a "such" for Max Os X and it's working perfectly on IOS? 

We don't want to listen clicks, emails, dings or dongs while playing Spotify through B&W, i.e.

I don't think is a "such". It's a MUST!  :))

Thx

tabarijeffries

Gotta have this. AirPlay is the reason I bought Pioneer's VSX-1021k receiver for the living room and an Apple TV for the bedroom.

Sure we can use the feature on the iPhone, but when a text message comes through, or the phone rings, or email, etc ... the music is temporarily interrupted. It'd be great to just create a nice playlist on the Windows app and have it stream to my stereo when I click play. And have it do all that without the use of an external program such as Airfoil.

I think this could be implemented without confusing other users (who may have no idea what that icon means or why it's there). It exists in iTunes and they seem to get along fine with it.

Spotify already connects to my iPhone over WiFi, the next step is to connect to my stereo via AirPlay. I'm looking forward to seeing this feature soon.

Cheers!

Helberg

Im tired of using airfoil everytime i want to stream music, maybe put it to the left off the shuffle button i the bottom 🙂

PE

Agree with the above. That's the spot where to put it.

wesdegroot

in mountain lion is the airplay service good enough to make use of the API's and it must not be difficoult.

for iOS is it easy as well.