Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Keyboard Hotkey to queue Track(s)

I often browse my playlist and would love to be able to just quickly press something like the Q key to add the selected song(s) to the queue. Now I have to use my mouse again and it gets pretty annoying to quickly add songs to the playqueue.

Would love to have it more work like it did in programs like WinAmp. There you could just press Q to add the song to the queue, select multiple songs and in the playlist queue you could easily rearrange the songs. Now in Spotify it's a little harder to perform these things.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
steffn

+1. I would say it is critical for me to keep using spotify.

Should be very easy to implement too I guess.

But as I have lost faith in rapid updates on apps that grow big - Is there a third party program (mac) that allows you to do something like this, I'm no programmer, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little applescript I could run alongside spotify that would allow me to hit Q or even alt+ctrl+Q to  this...?

Rocio

hello guys,

I just merged another idea thread to this one, since you both were requesting the same thing and it is better if we count just one idea! (the more popular the idea gets the more possibilites to see it implement it!)

Thanks a lot, keep adding your kudos and comments! We hear you loud and clear 😉

Peter__

+1 from me!

This is definitely a much needed feature.

Peter

shrty

Why isn't this function added yet?

Also, I'd like to specify shortcuts for song navigation, like WinAMP:

Z Previous Track
X Play/Restart/Unpause
C Pause/Unpause
V Stop

B Next Track

J Fast search

S Shuffle

R Repeat

Obviously we need to add CTRL prefix to all shortcuts, if we were to keep the "windows-explorer-search-within-songs"-functionality.

milky81

+1 on adding Q or SHIFT+Q or whatever for quickqueueing songs... also like the idea of doubleclicking for queueing½!!!!!! 

Put this in how hard can it be to add another quick-button??? its been 5 months since devs answered this post already!

sstok

Could you please at least restore the original position of the Queue option? Currently its lower making me click wrong ever since my update of today. - I'm unable to start a new idea for some reason.

Keeping the Start radio as low as possible is fine with me! (I always click on that thing by accident) so keeping that low in the list is fine with me.

+1 on making double click configurable!

chinmayn

@sstok: So true, the new update is annoying as ****. Why move the Queue feature down? It's annoying to click to queue anyway

nexsja

For fcks sake, this was the only bearable solution and now even that is gone! 

Please keep wasted UX designers off Spotify.

euRT

Still no shortcut?

yeah.. a Hotekey for enqueue the tracks would be fine.. I don't think that it would be a big problem. I still miss this feature..