Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Option to maximize album cover in fullscreen

I suspect this was an oversight in the latest update, but the album cover is now tiny in full-screen mode, making room for the background on the artist's profile instead. There seems to be no way to maximize the album cover, which I'd rather be looking at. I'd like that option back!

unknown.png

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
StanleyGuevarra

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription and switching to YouTube Music because of this.
Graphical artwork is a huge part of the album, especially for people who listen to albums as a whole.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

loveery

Seems so simple, who DOSEN'T like large album art and and liner notes to read with credits etc., maybe I'm just an old vinyl guy, but looking over album art and liner notes is almost as good as listening to the music (sometimes even better, depending on the album).  Spotify sort of begins to get this on their Android app, but seem a lot less interested in optimizing the desktop version of the app, what gives?

marsipan

Yes, please bring back the full screen mode with the big cover art. 

TONZASHINAMUSIC

I think not only the maximizing album cover art is gone, but so are the HQ album/single/EP cover arts too. I am sure they are still in the files of Spotify though, so please bring back the full HQ cover arts as well as the maximizing album cover in full screen mode back, thank you.

loveery

Seems so simple, who DOSEN'T like large album art , maybe I'm just an old vinyl guy, but looking over album art is almost as good as listening to the music (sometimes even better, depending on the album).  Spotify sort of begins to get this on their Android app, but seem a lot less interested in optimizing the desktop version of the app, what gives?

Kazlehoff

The new implementation of full screen is trash.

This idea has been running now since MARCH. It's now AUGUST. The idea is literally "Revert change made on X date"

The comments from the Spotify team show that it's been passed to devs.

Why has this not been actioned yet? Fix it.

obrandelien

I too would like the cover art back. Being a fan of the ECM records I miss the cover art and the photos within the cover booklet. The user should be able to switch between all the images contained in the cover booklet.

See the image for example.

Spotify cover mode.png

loveery

Beautiful illustration of exactly what we've been asking for, thank you.

Yes, we've been waiting a long time for this improvement and hope to see it one day.

TONZASHINAMUSIC

Wow, that booklet illustration feature would be perfect. If Spotify implements this in the near future, I hope it will make it possible for independent labels like DistroKid to allow artists put their back covers and album booklet photos to Spotify and you could switch it anytime by viewing front cover art, back, booklet etc in full screen mode just the way like that user showed above. It would bring so many new possibilities and joy to artists! Also do not forget to bring back the HQ album/single/EP/remix/cover cover arts for Spotify desktop app and more! I absolutely dislike the blurry photos at the moment, I want to HD cover arts back!