Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Option to maximize album cover in fullscreen

I suspect this was an oversight in the latest update, but the album cover is now tiny in full-screen mode, making room for the background on the artist's profile instead. There seems to be no way to maximize the album cover, which I'd rather be looking at. I'd like that option back!

unknown.png

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
malkstor

I like how Spotify has expanded the image to take the whole screen, but this should be the album art. Another reason in addition to everything already mentioned is - everybody has a favourite band that has changed members after their most loved albums went out and it's pretty stupid to look at the current lineup while listening to old albums. Original artwork FTW!

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-12

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Cheers!

loveery

Please display a huge image of the album we're listening to when the desktop version is full screen mode, maybe even show the back-side of the record, make sense?  Hope so, let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

catnip720

Writing a comment to raise visibility, absolutely nuts that an artist lineup is shown for all of their albums and not the album art as big as it could possibly be on the screen. I understand that there might be album art file size constraints but removing the art completely is unacceptable.

loveery

Big Album Art, Big Liner Notes, Big CREDITS, Albums have 2 Very important Sides, Please!

Nils21

If you have any mates or something that you could link this to who owe you a beer or something to give this a vote would really appreciate it. Spotify doesn't seem to care too much 

And just like that fullscreen mode became useless to me. Please revert it back.

gorilla511

why would you break your app like this Spotify? Please fix quickly you bunch of goobers.

Folklore

Im sorry, where was the vote to get rid of full screen album art? Spotify just does whatever it wants and then expects us to vote features back?  Did we vote to get rid of album art? Perhaps you should stop improving what you think needs to be improved and leave well enough alone unless it's a problem.