Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
Olipals

It's been 10 years, please do this.

Artist menu: Find playlists with artist

Album menu: Find playlists with album

Song menu: Find playlists with song.

It fits snugly above the Show credits.

Olipals_0-1707815008756.png

It'll require a bit of clever engineering of indexes but definitely can be done by creating an index containing the 100 most played playlists. Then storing a value for the song with the least played playlist. Then when the playlist containing the song surpasses the 100th most played song the index receives a job for updating playcounts, admit the new entry if applies and sort the list based on playcount.

I could program this is less than a week and literally thought of this when writing. No doubt you can do this in less than 10 years.