Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
parkerromney

I have the Light Phone and have been a long-time Spotify user and this would be great. Getting music on the Light phone is very hard and putting Spotify as an optional toolbox item would be awesome. Please, please do this.

19samw19

i hope ppl that already commented see this too but on youtube, Jose Briones and Dylan Tingley have videos where they tell us step by step on how to put ur lightphone into android mode then download spotify and then make a key binding to stay on the lightOS for the light phone. so basically u can change the volume buttons for if u click up then down you can open spotify. it's definitely good to check out if you don't want to wait for a collab!

It doesn’t let me vote I’ve tried several times and when I log in it keeps saying 270 votes and it’s greyed out but I would love this to happen as well, I’m trying to downgrade but I really would like to have my music with me

Graceee4

Adding my name to the list!! The only thing keeping me from getting the light phone is Spotify. 

Fotoi

Hear hear, Spotify should definitely do something with the LightOs!

It surely would make me use Spotify more!

cobulon

Hi Spotify,

Please add support for the Light Phone OS. This would be a strategic move for you to keep your subscribers who are making the jump to light phone. 

Thanks! 

Stewara61

Please add this feature!!

nietn44kt

even just media device playback control (connect) would be great 

kylerooneyyy

Count me in on this movement! Spotify is clutch and I would use it forever, but the Light Phone is the future and I would love to have Spotify enable it. 

sebanc

Please make this happen! Directions and music are basically the only reasons I don't have the light phone already