Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
austincuervo12

Implementing this feature will position Spotify to capture big marketshare in the digital minimalism industry. As everyday pressures of the digital world continue to rise, demand is only going to grow and Light is doing it right. I would pay Spotify twice as much monthly just to have this feature on my light phone.

Obilisk18

Like many here, I'm looking to switch to LightPhone and I think I could do without the majority of my apps, but the lack of Spotify would be painful. Really hoping you guys could make this happen. 

Mshipper

Any updates here? Thanks! 

Vikw

Hi, is there any update on this idea? Last update was a year ago. I too would love to use a light phone in the future but not being able to have Spotify is holding me back.

Meta_State

Honestly probably the only thing holding me back from switching to the light phone is the lack of Spotify integration, although I was considering using its hotspot to use an iPod touch for Spotify, but that would be tempting to use the iPod touch as a phone basically. I don’t need to be able to download songs to the phone, just stream it. Anyways happy to hear I’m not alone and glad we got enough votes for this!

AdamGilly44

Yes, please do this. I hope you guys can make it work. A lot of people will appreciate it.

Thanks!

tterhune

Like everyone else, would love LightPhone support, and thanks. 

lqt7mhmic49ecwifro8a

I would love to see this happen, Spotify! My teen is desperate for a phone, and we've been holding out because of the negative impact social media has on kids. The LightPhone seems like a great tool for him to communicate with us and his friends. Having his favorite music accessible to him would really put the cherry on top! 

Castro5

Just purchased the Light Phone II for my teen. Had to ditch the iPhone  - she became too addicted. She desperately misses her Spotify though. Please listen to the people and add the ability for Light Phone users to stream Spotify. I promise you, there will be an uptick in registered users as we all want to get away from social media, but still dig our music!! Thanks 🙂

brehanyjohn

Hope that something is in the works for this! This is the one feature I really care about having integrated into the LP. Developing something with a company so clearly dedicated to privacy would be a solid PR move too 🙂