Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ralstonhough

Spotify, if you released a Light Phone app, you would probably do more to improve my life than any other app I use. Please do it.

Brendin

I plan in getting the light phone so this would be great

davyd_bezh

Can't wait for the day when Spotify will be available on LightOS!!! 🤗

shinobisensei

I'd love to see support for Spotify on the Lightphone II.

wyattwd

Hi Spotify, is there an update on this? Still patiently waiting for Light Phone support.

mattmonty95

Adding yet another voice to the thread. I've been seriously considering the Light Phone 2 for a while now, but losing out on the ability to stream music is a huge downside. I'm going ahead with the switch anyway, but I would be very grateful for Spotify support on Light OS. I've seen other niche hardware devices get support for this like the "Mighty" music player, so I feel that this is not a huge ask.

Can we get an update from a Spotify developer on this soon please?

ecanepa

Yes please!! It’s the main thing stopping me from switching to the light phone…

EmoArtGeek

please please add this compatibility!

Lyndo

I'm dying to switch over to the Light phone, but can't do so without my Spotify!! This is the only thing holding me back from making the jump.

BeanootPooder

This would be an absolute game changer and I would immediately take the plunge!!!