Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
HagiosSkubalos

Apple Music user here and I would become a subscriber of Spotify if you created a tool for Light Phone. 

Simple the idea to download albums, playlists would be so great!

gogaloga

I would love to be able to bring the ease of access of spotify to a simple phone like the lp2

mrkshwkns

so many people I know want to go light but often have the same issue as me. access to music is such an important part of our lives, and to share it with others is so special to me. myself and many others want to be free from this algorithmic loop but its a big commitment, perhaps even a massive lifestyle change for some of us. but with the help of this vote being passed, I think having accessible music can make this commitment feel less like a burden. and hopefully strengthen our lives for the better.

JayJenz

Thinking about getting a Light Phone 2, I don't even care about not being able to have directions while driving, music is much more important! This would be a game changer. Please make Spotify usable on it!

matthewjordan

Please, please, PLEASE work the folks over at Light Phone so they can integrate a Spotify tool into their phone! This would be a game changer for so many people who use light phones. My wife uses the light phone and loves it, but misses her Spotify. I’ve wanted to use the light phone myself for a long time now, but Spotify is one of the few features it lacks. It’s their #1 requested feature. I would think most of the work for this would be done by the Light Phone company, so you’ve got nothing to lose! They just need you to allow them to do it. Please contact them and at least start that conversation!

MoonBaby

I will be switching to Lightbox II phone regardless! If I can't use spotify with this phone, I will simply cancel my premium account and find another way to listen to music. I will be making the switch this summer. Any updates on a Lightbox II Spotify app??