Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
eshiram

Bring it back!! It doesn't seem useful because folders is relatively new feature. Once users utilize and are aware of this feature they would love to use shuffle folder! Please bring it back and advertise this feature! Then users will use it!. 

dsKoolgraph

Hey i wanted to share a workaround that i just found. You can start shuffle the playlist folder on the desktop app and then when you connect your mobile to spotify on the same network he asks you if you wish to listen on your mobile. Say yes and boom. As long as you dont switch playlist your good to go.

founy27
yep, this idea was already proposed - but when you're in a car or running
or anything, it's not really possible to use this solution...

Please spotify, can you tell us when you are going to do something about
it????
dsKoolgraph

Yeah i get it but if you setup this before getting in your car then thats not a problem. I know its not perfect but its nice to know its not completly impossible.

founy27
yep definitely!
but it is complete non sense to say that it "takes too much ressources" to
maintain when it works perfectly on the desktop app....
I'm so annoyed that it's been 2 months now and that spotify does not come
with any solution...
Chris_German

Hey I'm also quite disappointed about the removal of the feature. I also made it like a lot of others here, that I Organised my Music over Folders, which is now total nonsense. I can't even combine two playlists and so I have to stick to one at a time...

I tried the German "SpotifyHilft" from Facebook and they only route me to here. 

Since that my Mix of the week was the only thing what could replace that, but also this feature is now a huge disappointment. Only old songs, nothing new and just **bleep**...

So please bring back that feature ASAP!

(And yes I only registerd here to comment on this issue, because it means a lot to me)

liamwhear

it's available on the desktop, but not on mobile. that makes absolutely no sense

hootchietoad

Please bring back ability to shuffle playlists in a folder.

olitreadwell

This was definitely one of my favorite features of Spotify.

This was the best feature to discover new totally unheard of music.

Please bring it back for all (mobile, native, web) versions of the application

NicoNico
Totally agree with the hundreds of comments. This is pissing off some power
users. Spotify. Shuffling of music is a crucial way to explore music.
Please reconsider