Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
mbug90

To all who want this feature: be sure to contact Spotify by any means wether it's email or Twitter.  Tell them you want this feature back right now.

Keep repeatedly reminding them you want it back until they implement it.

brunovdg

I don t unserstand how do you shuffle completely at random in self made playlists. Every time it s the same songs it shuffles on my s7. I have like 3 or 5 playlists with 300 plus songs and every time obliged to listen to the samen songs or pick manually. Very very annoying. Please cherish your users. You re making billions of income on us. So please skip the lack of rexources  excuses. Thx a lot B

karlmacnaughton

Wow, this is a deal breaker. Yes, I _could_ play the folders' content on the desktop app if it didn't crash the computer every single time it's opened. Spotify has become unusable, sorry. Tidal here I come...

Nige108

This is ridiculous. The is a basic feature for any music app. Still available on the desktop? What's that about? This needs sorting before I start looking for an alternative 

spotifoil

This is pretty much how I used to listed to my music on Spotify 99% of the time. I find your answer as to why this was removed dubious at best. Please bring this feature back, you were obviously wrong about how much people use it, and it gives me pause regarding whether I will continue our premium family account---this is the main reason I started paying for the family account. 

I need this feature back.

SandroQC

Try this free Android app to combine multiple playlists into a new one, and keep it up to date:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sandrokl.playlistmerger4spotify

reissGRVS

I've also made an Android app allowing this.

Instead of playlist folders it allows you to create multi-playlists (basically folders) that combine all the playlists you add to it into one. It also auto updates every 12 hours so that when playlists update so does your multi-playlist.

It also allows for rearranging of normal playlists and song deletion. Its a bit rough around the edges but if enough people use it and want me to add features and tidy it up I definitely will.

Heres a link to the Google Play listing. The reviews are low at the moment because I accidentally broke some of the features in my last update before going on holiday but all of the problems have now been fixed.

If people are wanting other playlist management features just leave a review on my app and I will look into the feasibility of it. One thing I have considered is a scheduled shuffle that reorganises tracks randomly, as we all know Spotifys shuffle is bearable at best. 

Jeffro

That's unfortunate.  Seems to me like the correct approach would be to get your new playlist management feature running before you remove the existing features.  Just because you created a development ecosystem that made the work of maintaing the existing feature "hard" doesn't mean you just remove the feature.  Perhaps overall usage wasn't high, but those that did use it probably had a reason for doing so.

thenoochboy

The removal of shuffle-playing all playlists in a folder has completely wrecked the way I use Spotify. Very unhappy.