Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Friend Feed] Friends Activity on Mobile

Can Spotify impliment a way (like on Mac/PC) to see what everyone else is listening too, for iPhone/Galaxy? I'm interested in seeing other people's taste and more than likely, loving the song a lot. Also, in the process, seeing if that user is online listening, or how long ago they were listening. I would REALLY like to see that on a, hopefully, close by App Update.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
wilsonmarinho27
  1. This Ideia should definitly be implemeted, please spotify make this  happen 😭
minusium

Why not? We already have it on desktop.

31mutnq6biacjbxuecwx

Just like the stories in instagram/snapchat and all the other social media platforms, I think Spotify should make a Stories feature that enables users to share their favorite song(s) for the day. The story would have to be based on sharing songs that you’re loving/listening to that day and maybe the users can also include a  picture with the song. That way users can see what their friends are listening to each day which would help expose new music to the users and also be fun way to share the user’s favorite songs with their friends. This would be different than sharing playlists because its less songs and it changes on a daily basis so it would be easier for the users to browse through stories than through playlists.

Combatter

Not sure why 31mutnq6biacjbxuecwx's suggestion was merged into this topic as it seems quite different (but also cool btw).  It really feels like Spotify don't care about these suggestions / ideas from the community and mark them as "inactive" or "not now" with no decent explanation.  The desktop client and phone client now use a similar codebase (for at least 2 years now iirc) so I don't understand why a bit of time cannot be invested in making the feature set consistent across the two platforms, and no, I don't mean removing any of the existing features that are on one but not both!

I've been a Spotify Premium user since 2010 or so but I'm starting to strongly consider using a different music streaming service because of the way Spotify seem to be ignoring us on this forum yet implementing ridiculous features like a shuffle that adds other similar songs even though the "Enhance" feature to add similar songs already existed!

tmaex

I wonder why this is not considered when the backend is already there and only a new view needs to be implemented.

gochyxx

Please do it, it’s 2023

mandahobbs_

Like how on my laptop i can see what my friends are listening to, it would be awesome to have that feature on the iPhone app as well! It’s one of my favorite features of Spotify and wish it was shown on my phone too! 🙂 

Anotheruser0115

Many people (mainly students who are constantly on their laptop) I know always ask me “what does it say I was I listening to last” on the “Friend activity” section because it is kind of a fun game to play to see what you were listening to. Also, a lot of the people I know really love the Friend Activity bar because this is also how they can really get and idea of what kind of music their friends like, and find new songs for themselves as well.

Though the only downsides to Friend activity is that it is only available on desktop devices and not for mobile. Talking to someone who had recently joined Spotify, he enjoys the better recommendations, but the things he doesn’t like is the new like/add to playlist button and also that he can’t see other people’s activity like people who also use desktop can. He is graduated and has no need to be on his laptop so he listens to music through his phone. I find that many people who are out of school or have jobs that either dont allow for Spotify on work computers or jobs that don’t need computers have no need for Spotify on their phones AND laptops.

However this shouldn’t mean that mobile users get less benefits for what they pay for when compared to desktop users. “Friend Activity” is a fun way to interact with friends while also finding new music and I think it should be a universal feature on both mobile and desktop. Even if it meant a button beside “library” on the hot bar in the Spotify app. 

sofiaspillari

I would love it if they transferred the ability to see what your friends are listening to onto the mobile app. I am not able to use the desktop version and am always jealous, because I’d personally love that feature!

Svvl7

It's 2023 and still not happened? Why? Please do it, please. It would be great to be able to see friend activities on my phone, my computer is broken right now and i won't be able to use it for a long time, and now i can't see my friends activity...