Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Bring back number of songs in a playlist

The old mobile interface used to show the number of songs in the playlists section. The updated version has removed this feature, which I find quite useful. 

Updated on 2020-08-14

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
geocatching

I have OCD and the fact that this is gone is seriously bothering me. I like to know how many songs are in each of my playlists. I don't know why you took this feature away. Please put it back. It's a genuinely painful update and I wish you hadn't done it. The amount of songs in each playlist is important to me and it's frustrating that it's gone.

I will not be paying for Premium until you fix this.

Nightflyre9

Clearly, the customer wants the song count in playlists. However, Spotify does not seem to care about the needs or wants of those who pay for it and allow it to exist. 

I also just found out that Spotify offers live song lyrics in dozens of countries, yet not in the US. That was the last straw for me. Song lyrics are a basic feature of a music service.

So...just canceled my Spotify account and joined YouTube music instead. I couldn’t be more thrilled. Wow, song counts for playlists and live lyrics! Also, tons of live, rare, and remixed versions. Who would’ve thought? Good luck to everyone out there still dealing with Spotify's miserable ineptitude. Good riddance to this nonsense.

GreenOnions

**bleep** You Spotify. **bleep** YOU Bring it back you mother**bleep**ing assholes 

GreenOnions

I am so livid, you are forcing me to change the way I work in the app AGAIN. I am so upset. PUT IT BACK GOD DAMN IT 

BMorris87

This is ridiculous that it was removed as a feature. Do your engineers even use your own product? Why is "you can do it on your desktop" even remotely considered an acceptable answer. This is lazy programming and terrible UX. Please provide the reasoning behind the removal. What possible actual design reason do you have for removing this feature? Your generic response is insulting and shallow.

Do better. 

geocatching

I know programming is hard and takes a while but maybe you should have thought of that before removing a perfectly good feature! Hurry up!

GreenOnions
  1. Spotify has removed so many features and changed the mobile app so much that I am enraged every time I try to use it. They have ruined the joy of curating playlists and the entire user experience. The app SUCKS now. Spectacularly bad design. 
Tawno
  1. Yeah definitely frustrating. Seems like such a simple thing to keep, but I also use the feature in lots of the ways described: keeping playlists within a certain size and also knowing how long a Playlist is so I can get an idea of how long it will run (which I actually believe it now tells you... the total run time but not number of tracks! ). Still, please bring back the, surely very easily coded, song counter please. 
Camy077

Its been 2 years almost since this idea was brought up. It is so very simple yet the staff at spotify ignore us. YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS FEATURE IMPLEMENTED FOR ARTIST PLAYLIST, why can u not add this useful feature back for user playlists.

leburby

Why would you ever remove this feature? What could possibly be the reason to get rid of this basic feature?