Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Re-arrange song "..." index options

Not generally one to post feedback but this seems like a UX/UI error that should be addressed.

When I open an album and select "..." next to any song on that album, the first few options include "Hide Song" and "Remove From This Playlist" if that song is within a playlist. I recommend moving those down a few options to prevent users from inadvertently deleting or hiding a song they actually intended to share or add to a playlist.

I made this error and had to scour the internet using only my memory of the album art and the first word of the song title (which was in Portuguese) to recover a song I accidentally removed from a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-05-20

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
MoonblindedX

I don't know if what I posted was the reason and or previous people's requests; but the "hide this song" has been removed from the song drop down menu (at least on my account, can'tspeak for anyone else). I appreciate developers correcting that issue and making the spotify experience a million times better. Thank you.

MoonblindedX

"Hide this song" is now back in my context menu and I again unintentionally hid a song that was playing from recommended songs for you that I was trying to my main playlist but now it's gone forever. So for that for that. Please, with the utmost respect and urgency, fix this asap.