Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
w0lfalot

Hey Spotify can I ask you, did you complicate clearing a queue on PC on a recent update to avoid us listening to new tracks? Cuz I can't find it suddenly and a CTRL+A or selecting all tracks triggers it removed from options. A freakin' conspiracy.. You seriously want us to not choose what we listen to.. Thats all we can assume from your headbanging suit-corporate BSS

You want your super designed "UI" to be complicated so you can stop paying royalties to "unheard" tracks. What you really don't want is us editing our playlists, clearing our queue, avoiding library, and listening to as many of your uninspiring radios as possible that always show tracks we've previously removed from a playlist or avoided.

I figured you out!

8vsw-eaqt_keg

I would love to see delete from playlist added to currently playing song.  To me, that feature is a must as I normally use my playlists as my current songs and when I get tired of one, boy is it a pain when at least one of my playlists is over 2,000 songs...  Don't get why they haven't added this???

iimichaelv

Wow. Spotify responded to my tweet. Spoiler: not resolved.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iimichaelv/status/1174932821426626562

RonyDart

Why is this so hard to implement?

w0lfalot
Because they even removed the “Clear queue” option on mobile recently that
was there a few months ago still debating this remove current song from
playlist

Its made intentionally hard to manage playlists so you listen to the same
tracks you Spotify already paid for.. Thats the only logical explanation.
mhkalin

I have tried to contact Spotify once again. Maybe this time this will get noticed. 

MichelRa
That won't work. Did that before. They don't listen at all!
Just go for free version of Spotify. Then you have a dislike-button and
that skips the song 😉
stormense

Spotify have block Remove from Spotify. Only solution is to change to Apple Music. They have the function to save to playlist ore remove. And then export your playlists: https://www.tunemymusic.com

w0lfalot
No you can’t easily “remove track from playlist” from the “current playing”
view in either Apple Music nor Deezer, I just tried the trial.

It’s a sad time to be a music listener unless you’re pirating or buying
everything in non-DRM media files, because obviously they can’t get me to
pay for a service that handicaps my music listening habits. But I see the
point in just suggesting the same songs over and over in a braindead radio
pyramidscheme
stormense

w0lfalot you can delete tracks when listening to a playlist in Apple Music. Had Apple Music a long time but switch back to Spotify because I use a lot of phones, tablets, computers and get the Apple 5 devices limiter. God bay Apple was my solution and gave them the finger 🙂 I think its the same with Spotify but only if you download? but with Spotify you can delete one of them to make place for a new one.

Had Deezer one year free but don't like it and if you put a song in playlist the app never check if it was a duplicate like Spotify and Apple Music.

Sorry for my bad English.